Thread: AVG False Positive: Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1910)

AVG False Positive: Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1910)

My AVG seems like showing a false positive. While I type into Google "how do my pc is infected?" I obtain a virus caution from AVG saying that Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1910) and with following things:
    • Process name: firefox.exe
    • Process ID: 2440

Does anybody recognize this? I have tried this thing on other pc also and there also I did get the same thing. What do you say about this thing?

Re: AVG False Positive: Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1910)

I assume you use Firefox from the "official" Mozilla website. This would mean that Mozilla us deliberately to infect with a Trojan! This seems rather harsh. It is always possible that a Trojan name changes a file or contained nests, etc. Not everything that coughs up a virus and malware is really a virus, worm, etc. are kinds of sources of false positives for each scanner. Need more info about this supposed Trojan (its name would be helpful) and if it is indeed a real Trojan concerns did you manage to remove it, if so, how?

Following an error in the popular new virus software AVG has created major problems for users of Windows XP. After installing the latest update because the virus recognized as a damaging two system files, removing them or putting them in quarantine, preventing the computer to turn on the next reboot. To resolve the problem on affected systems can restore your system using the Windows CD. Of course the blow to the image of the popular anti-virus was very hard, in fact the error in the definitions created more damage than they could create the same viruses.

The well-known antivirus AVG 8 was the victim of a false positive rather serious in the last update. Indeed, following an update of the base virus definitions, antivirus recognizes the user32.dll file located in the "system32" to be infected by Trojan horse while the latter is not really. The only problem is that file is a file system required for the proper functioning of Windows. Thus, if the file is quarantined, the user is rewarded with a blue screen and the inability to restart the machine in normal mode. AVG has corrected the error on his part by posting a new update. However, some users have quarantined the file are stuck to reboot the system.

AVG Technologies is apparently suffering from the law of series. Within a month, its antivirus solution will have been victim of three false positive consequences more or less serious but always resolved quickly. The first false positive was in mid-October with no less than five components of the popular ZoneAlarm firewall on Windows, unjustly accused of being infected by a Trojan. Solved within 8 hours after the release of the update manager, but the incident passed relatively unnoticed. I think that now the same issue is continuing here.

AVG False Positive and 'Some PC will not shut down after update. If you have Windows XP upgraded to Service Pack 3 with an AVG product, DO NOT restarts your computer. This morning the well-known producer of security software has made it known through emails to its retailers that they could isolate any scans to quarantine a file necessary for the proper startup of windows, the file name has not yet been made public since it argues that Grisoft internal tests have proven the existence of the problem.

That Firefox did behave differently is probably due to the fact that AVG, after a contamination parts of the Firefox software deletes or has put in quarantine. When I was a trial of Kaspersky's turned me this happens with Mirc. I could reinstall and set everything back. Severely irritating and also provides the necessary panic.