Thread: Win32-Dropper: HFI virus not detected by AVG 2011 antivirus

Win32-Dropper: HFI virus not detected by AVG 2011 antivirus

Hello I have windows XP operating system and under that I have installed the AVG antivirus 2011. Everything on the system working fine without any issue but last night working on the system I have found that mine system have been infected with the Win32-Dropper: HFI virus and when I scanned mine system with the AVG antivirus it won’t detected the Win32-Dropper: HFI virus. I confirmed the Win32-Dropper: HFI virus was infected on mine system and after doing the scan also nothing happens. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue. Can anyone help on this issue?

Re: Win32-Dropper: HFI virus not detected by AVG 2011 antivirus

Just open the search windows on your computer and after that make search for the Win32-Dropper and after delete everything relegated to the Win32-Dropper file. Now once you finish the deleting and after that make use of the some of the registry cleaner and install it on your system. Once you done and after that your reboot the system and then go through your issue.

Just go through the below location on the registry editor and after that delete the key as assigned below:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System 'DisableTaskMgr' = '1'
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paladin Antivirus
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\SimpleShlExt
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run '[random string]'
    Once you finish the deleting and after that reboot the system and then let me know the issue.

The Win32-Dropper: HFI virus will located the below location as given below and here you just need to go through the below location and after that delete the exe file that are given below.
    C:\Program Files\Antivir Solution Pro\AntivirSolution.exe
    %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
    Now once you finish the deleting and after that reboot the system and then your issue will get solved.

So I'd suggest you update you AVG antivirus on your system and after doing exploration. If you are facing the same problem after updating the antivirus and then I think that AVG is not able to remove the virus and therefore I would like to suggest that the other antivirus in your system and after doing exploration. First go to the official website of the AVG and after that updated the AVG antivirus. Once you finish the updating and after that make scan on your system.

According to me your AVG antivirus has been corrupted on your system and so therefore I think you need to uninstall the AVG antivirus and after that install it again. But before installing the AVG antivirus you need to uninstall the AVG first. Go to the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that select the AVG and after that remove the AVG. now once you remove the AVG and after that install the AVG antivirus again.

I would like to suggest you to repair your system and after that let me know the issue. As I think by repairing your operating system you can remove the all infected files and other issue on your system. First you need to have installation CD of your operating system to repair your system. Insert the CD on your system and after that restart your system and after that follow the steps given under that.