Thread: Memory leak in AVG EMS VSAPI server

Memory leak in AVG EMS VSAPI server

The AVG has already reported a memory leak from the time when upgrading toward 2011 on top of an SBS 2003 R2 during 24th April 2011. In spite of following requests each and every one of us obtain is somewhat fake emails inquiring us to give additional information. Their foolishness is that they cannot give details about what they desire, not remember to attach files which may assist gather information and all-purpose quiet among. Has anybody besides experienced issues of this environment. Is it moment not to trouble with AVG?

Re: Memory leak in AVG EMS VSAPI server

I have also got the similar thing except with extreme processor usage. By the use of AVG 2011 (server edition) on top of a SBS2003 R2 box running Exchange 2003 (most up-to-date service pack). Following upgrading from AVG9, no issues originally. Afterward I started receiving countless errors within the event log concerning exchange virtual memory procedure as well as virtual memory fragmentation. This unrelenting in excess of the then 24 hours awaiting Exchange just stopped sending whichever emails. Following re-booting, the SMTP service as well as IIS services wouldn't initiate correctly.

Check to see if there are problems with the e-mail. If that's the case, stop the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service and restart it. With the help of the change tasks for this warning alerts in the Monitor and manage server the monitor are disabled or your threshold will be changed. The main memory is actually big going (4 GB), should present no problems. Where else can you make changes? When I use the threshold - as described - change that prevents far from the event and the error message.

For days I had seen your question was not reached to answer, if you set virtual memory is at hand, should go a little faster, a lightweight and powerful antivirus is Kaspersky (better than the ones you mentioned (with facts, their detection is very good, as data with other antivirus trojans detected in safe mode or telling you that you are free of infection when it is not).

As you can see I tried to destroy the object uProcess to free up memory but when I made a set uProcess = Nothing he said that an object is required. The size of the swap file increases by 1 to 2 MB on a regular basis and is released only when I close the application (stand alone) or when I close the IDE when I run it directly from the.

In our case I have found out concerning the iisreset /stop as well as iisreset /start commands which I ran and productively got email plus intranet back up also running. Afterward over again, one more 24 hours later, precisely the similar thing.

Usually, our server ticks down at a standard 1-3% CPU usage. The disk line length plus pages/sec figures infrequently point except usually tick all along at an extremely low level. I observed that through AVG VSAPI plug-in running, each and every one of these figures jumped up approach lofty. CPU was equal to approximately 30%, disk queue plus pages/sec were continually maxed out. I put out of action the plug-in and the figures come back to regular. I rebooted the server and it's been totally very well in excess of the weekend.

I have the similar problem. It seems that the choice to preform backdrop scanning of the swap over stock up has no memory of the preceding install of AVG. Therefore it is rescanning the entire DB and causing serious CPU/memory usage. On the other hand, users are not unreasonable of a slowdown. I presently don't be fond of pushing servers that tough for an Antivirus scan.