Thread: How to update AVG Rescue CD

How to update AVG Rescue CD

I downloaded AVG rescue CD from internet yesterday. I have made a bootable USB drive. But it never is updated. Want to it be updated as frequently as possible. I have scanned my c: drive and I got around 9 viruses in it. And having some bugs in the desktop like all the icons get selected automatically. Now my left mouse working as right clicks. So I need automatic update for the bootable. I have downloaded the updates form the site of avg and downloaded the .bin file from there. But is there any way to update the bootable automatically. Please provide me some help.

Re: How to update AVG Rescue CD

You can try this for updating only through your boot device itself. AVG rescue cd will automatically configure network in the boot itself. It works for DHCP assigned ip addresses only. You can perform update trough disk from online as well as offline mode. Select the update from the update menu. There are three options to choose from. Perform update online, Download file or use local file for update. Try to use this it will update it trough online or manually.

Hello, I will suggest you update the virus definition prior to each scan it will be helpful. If computer is connected to internet then try to install it form the internet itself. If not connected to internet try to update it form the offline mode manually. You will do this by downloading files from the avg web site and applying it. When you boot the system. Check manual update. It will be helpful. To keep you from the viruses

I have tried what you said. I started the USB boot cd i gone to update menu and i have tried to do manual updates .I have located the file which is in the folder. this file i downloaded from the other source. when i tried to locate the file in the folder it never updates the virus defination. i have stored the .bin file in AVG Rescue CD. Still I can able to update manually virus database. Is there any solution for it.

Hello, I think you are downloading files from other source so try to download the updates form official avg site always. Since the files available there are perfectly good. You can’t able to update right so I have other solution try to remove the spaces from the folder name AVG Rescue USB it has to be AVGRescueUSB. And it has in its latest virus definition itself.