Thread: no internet connection using Aztech WL556E wireless LAN extender

no internet connection using Aztech WL556E wireless LAN extender

I have computer at home. Recently I have connected an Aztech WL556E wireless LAN extender with my computer. Everything got installed properly. There was no problem connecting with the device. But actually I am out of the internet reach. Whenever I try to access the internet, the wireless program keeps prompting that "No Internet Access" I don’t know what is wrong. Kindly help me. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Re: no internet connection using Aztech WL556E wireless LAN extender

I think that you are connected to the repeater which is not connected to your main router due to your configuration setup. Check all the connections for making sure that everything is fine. You can post more posts in various forums to get better solutions. Try doing what I have suggested and even if it doesn’t work then reply to this post so that I can accordingly help you further.

Make sure that your system is connected to the router. According to me, the laptop has been configured with the static ip and the dns field has been left empty that is why you are not able to connect to the internet when your laptop is communicating with the router. If dhcp is not enabled on your router then static ip must be configured. Also make sure, you have proper dns configured. If you are not aware of the dns use OpenDNS or google DNS which are free to use by anyone. Try this: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I would advise you to run the troubleshooting tool for more such advancements on the problem. I think that is the best tool that you can take in here to solve the issue and I think that will be of very much use to you, it will scan the system and probably will show you the source of problem and you will also be given the option to repair the problem. Check for the troubleshooting tool in the Network and Sharing Center and see if you are able to get the problem solved.

I think you should install the drivers for the LAN and drivers for the network interface card. Try to install them properly and restart the router and your system. After restarting try connecting the internet. If you are able to connect to the internet then there is no problem but if you are not able to connect then I think there could be some problem with the Aztech WL556E extender. I hope this helps.