Thread: Draytek 2710n Router does not recognize my hard drive

Draytek 2710n Router does not recognize my hard drive

Hello friends I have recently bought Draytek 2710n Router and I have bought this router to because it has string signal strength then my old router and it also has USB port so I can connect my hard drive directly. Now when I connect my router with my desktop and after that when I done all the WIFI setting and connected with my laptop at that time all the things worked fine but now when I tried to connect my USB hard drive with my router at that time it is not recognizing it. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue.

Re: Draytek 2710n Router does not recognize my hard drive

Well according to me you should first check whether you connect any other USB device with your Draytek 2710n Router or not? If you are able to connect any other USB device with your Draytek 2710n Router then it means there might be something wrong with your hard drive and if you face the same problem with other USB device also then I think there is some problem with your Draytek 2710n Router. First check this so you can identify exact problem.

Well as far as I know if your hard drive is using in NTFS file system then you that can be reason because of which you are facing this problem. I think you should first copy all the data in some other hard drive first and after that format it with FAT 32 system and after that restore all your data and after that connect it with your Draytek 2710n Router and check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after trying this trick you will not get faces any issue.

If you are not able to solve this issue after trying above mentioned solution then I think you should try to solve this issue by resetting your Draytek 2710n Router. After resetting the router you have to check whether your router is recognizing your hard drive or not. You can reset your router by pressing the reset button in your router. Hopefully after trying this solution you will be able to use your hard drive with your Draytek 2710n Router

With my Draytek 2710n Router I was also facing the same problem and after that I have tried to solve this issue with different solution but none of the solution helped me to solve this issue and after that I have also tried to solve this issue by formatting hard drive but after that I have find that the actual problem was with the firmware and after that I have done firmware update. Now after that when I tried to connect my hard drive at that time I didn’t get any issue. I think you should also try same trick.

If you want to update the firmware of your Draytek 2710n Router then you have to first download the firmware update file from Official website of the Draytek and after that you have to do firmware update in your Draytek 2710n Router and then check whether your problem gets solved or not? Make sure that the firmware version which you download is 3.3.2 or later. I hope after performing this trick your problem will get solved.

I have tried to solve this issue in all the possible ways but after trying so many tricks also I was facing this problem continuously and after that I have read your above post about updating the firmware of Draytek 2710n Router. Now after that I have downloaded firmware update file form the internet and after that I have updated firmware of my Draytek 2710n Router and after doing that when I connect my hard drive with my router at that time it worked fine.