Thread: Dell- XPS7100 Wireless N card has not getting speed more than 54mbps

Dell- XPS7100 Wireless N card has not getting speed more than 54mbps

I am having dell desktop. I bought this in month of April. This is XPS7100, which is having wireless N card. My desktop working fine and smoothly without any disturbance and problem but after one month I realized that there is a problem with my wireless N card, I observed that I only being able to get 54 Mbps.i am having Wi-Fi connection. Then I tried to update the driver of the wireless card but there is not a single change in speed. So I just want to know why this has suddenly happened to my Pc. If anyone having any information regarding this then contact me.

Re: Dell- XPS7100 Wireless N card has not getting speed more than 54mbps

I am having XPS laptop, it also having wireless N card am having trouble with my wireless connectivity. I had heard about wireless N capable router so that I setup that but then I realized that its works when it transmits wireless-N. Then I search here and there on internet then I come to know that it is just behavior of router when wireless G client connect to N router. At this situation most of the router fall back to the slowest client.

I am also having same wireless card I faced same problem as you, so I install dd-wrt firmware onto it. I got this trick from internet . I wish you will try out this technique you will get more speed than 54 mbps as I get. If you get any problem regarding any wireless device then check in relevant section of your wireless clients. If you want more information then check it official sites of manufacturer they fixed you’re issued.

I had same issues as you .i work as network administrator in my company so when I got same problem about the wireless N card then just I used small trick but I don’t it will every time or not. I got this trick from internet and I use it so I will tech how to increase your speed to 300mbps.
    • Change the security of wireless to WPA2/AES
    • Force the band to save the limit upto 20 Mhz

Thanks to all for reply,I appreciate your knowledge and try your trick and solution but there is no more change in speed just want know why suddenly happened to my pc .i think the problem is due to new connection of Ipad2.but my network connection status indicate that the strength of the wireless signal is good and excellent .but it is around 300 in month of April . Ijust want to know the solution to overcome this problem

According to me the problem is not because of I Pad connection. So I will suggest you to just follow my trick:
    • The simple and quick and easier way is just switch of or turn off the router for a minute and then turn on.
    • Performance of the wireless is also depending upon the channel so that if there are any changes in channel then reduction in performance will be seen. So go to the channel number and select the auto generation where you can see various number,randomly select one and check if you don’t see any increment then change the number.
    • Most of the router are configured in mixed mode.so go to the wireless section and set it to the “N mode” so it will force him to use pup to 300 mbps N speed.