Thread: Need to choose a Wifi channel in busy area

Need to choose a Wifi channel in busy area

By the use of inSSIDER 2.0 software on my Windows XP running laptop I am able to notice 9 wifi channels counting my individual.
    The channels used are:
    • 7- neighbor
    • 7- neighbor
    • 6 -mine
    • 6- neighbor
    • 2- neighbor
    • 1- neighbor
    • 1- neighbor
    • 1- neighbor
    • 1- neighbor

My network is frequently being 'knocked off' and I hang around in favor of it to reconnect. As far as I know that I can set my personal channels to Auto, otherwise from 1-13. However by seeing at the above channels which channel you prefer by avoiding the current one?

Re: Need to choose a Wifi channel in busy area

The best thing of all testing. Is a worry, one day you use it, if it's going, you conserve, if it goes wrong, you change, and so on until satisfaction. I am not using the Wi-Fi, but I'm hearing that the channel 6 was the best (question of frequencies). Channels exist for large network for example if there 3 antennes wifi, it should not be that the channels overlap there not to have to disconnection when change of air.

The rate includes free 2.4 GHz band used by wireless devices is divided into channels, which vary according to the laws of different countries that regulate them. The IEEE standard defines a minimum separation of 5 MHz channels, so that starting of 2,412 GHz. we will:
    • Channel 01: 2.412 GHz
    • Channel 02: 2,417 Ghz.
    • Channel 03: 2,422 Ghz.
    • Channel 04: 2,427 Ghz.
    • Channel 05: 2,432 Ghz.
    • Channel 06: 2.437 GHz.
    • Channel 07: 2,442 Ghz.
    • Channel 08: 2,447 Ghz.
    • Channel 09: 2,452 Ghz.
    • Channel 10: 2,457 Ghz.
    • Channel 11: 2,462 Ghz.
    • Channel 12: 2,467 Ghz.
    • Channel 13: 2,472 Ghz.
    • Channel 14: 2,484 Ghz.

Each channel requires a bandwidth of 22 MHz to transmit information, so there is an inevitable overlap of several adjacent channels. To avoid intrusion in the attendance of more than a few close access points, they should be non-overlapping channels, which could be: 2, 7 and 12 / / 3, 8 and 13 / / 4, 9 and 14 / / 1, 8 and 14.

Suppose you find iStumbler now a wireless network in the vicinity, which uses the same channel as your network. This problem can be solved simply by changing the channel your base station. The simplest is a channel change when you restart the router. For as soon as your Apple base station, as well as Wi-Fi router many other companies will start, new, will automatically dial the least used channel. A restart may also solve your problem without you having to deal with the exact settings at all.

When setting up a home Wi-Fi for use with our desktops and laptops or other devices must take into account important aspects, often hidden to most that cause our experience of the use is not in initially expected. And with the proliferation of such wireless networks of all operators offering the package "connection + Wi-Fi router," there are places where the spectrum is actually quite low saturated and performance even more, so it is necessary to know how to choose the ideal frequencies to configure the router in our house. To do this, make a small inSSIDer program guide that will help us in this task.

The channel selector of your router is not always the best. And there is a reasonably good selection; it may be that after a month yet again another network uses the same channel as you. Although you can often solve the problem by rebooting again, but it is also possible to manually select a good channel.

When there are many collisions, the low quality of the connection is lost for a long time to retransmit. In addition, more users on a channel or adjacent channel, the greater the chance of collision or find the channel busy. Perform the test in the usual place where navigates with Wi-Fi, so the results are more realistic and, above all, flee as if it were your worst nightmare of the networks to mark the program as it operate at 11 Mbps (in our case has not left any). You should look at the networks that occupy channels that are detected on your computer. If, for example, most uses channel 3, it is best to use the channel 8 or higher one (maintains a separation of 5 channels or more over saturated channel is ideal).