Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011

Plusnet modem/router for Macbook Air

Right now I am planning to make use of Plusnet intended for my broadband. Mostly for the reason that they present a monthly treaty and I will merely want the service for 3 months. However I am a slight worried regarding utilizing their modem/router into that I cannot converse with their technological people awaiting following I have signed up. Unluckily the sales being was not capable to reply my queries. Does anyone have knowledge of their modem/routers along with can present recommendation. Broadband connection is standard- not fiber and the system is MacBook Air.
Old 03-08-2011

Re: Plusnet modem/router for Macbook Air

Just a assumption- previous to you sign up by means of plusnet and obtain your dd organized and so on, phone BT and inquire intended for your MAC code and observe what contract they present you to stay! I contacted them and inquired for MAC code(following concerning to plusnet as well as configuring a DD) merely to be presented a actually excellent contract to continue thus at that moment had to turn about and stop the whole thing that I had on track with plusnet.
Old 03-08-2011

I'd for all time favor a router in excess of a USB modem except others might oppose. The benefits are that you are able to plug more than 1 computer into a router plus they'll all encompass internet access in addition by the use of router you'd advantage from the NAT that the router would offer, fundamentally whichever connections from the internet would be infertile through the router from receiving to your computer.
Old 03-08-2011

The BT HomeHub is protected to BT, a quantity of of the previous ones can be flashed. Whichever ADSL modem router will toil on Plusnet, you don't enclose to make use of one supported otherwise supplied by them. On the other hand Airport Express is nothing like a Netgear router, but usually is in the Fritzbox still integrates a DSL modem, which lacks the Netgear router and the Airport Express. But anyway you get the most from the provider anyway. As I said, I recommend the Linksys routers can, over AirTunes and is cheaper.
Old 03-08-2011

To the extent that connecting it, you'd simply plug the cable from the ADSL port on top of the filter toward the WAN port on top of the router. You won't require providing PlusNet the MAC address of network card, ADSL works in a different way toward cable. It's value mentioning that if you select to wander your ADSL from PlusNet you?ll finish up wanting a MAC code from them - that MAC code is completely dissimilar from the MAC address of network card.
Old 03-08-2011

I am the proud owner of a core duo imac and this machine and my first mac. I use to connect to the internet live box orange. It works when it wants and I'll probably change it for the third time. I would invest in a modem router (Compatibles mac), able to provide me with 2-4 Ethernet connections via wifi and of course my choice is: Netgear WGR 614-54 Mbps - Wireless Broadband Router.
Old 04-08-2011

With the modem attached to the mac go to system preferences, and automatically put network.com position via ethernet integrated under configuration makes use of the numbers which appear dhcp. Look at the number of the router and type it in Safari's address field, put my username and password (instructions are in the default ones) and configures the modem depending on your internet provider.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,