Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011

channel changes automatically in the wireless configuration.

I have wireless configuration at my home. Actually I have my small company where also I have a wireless configuration. I am using this from around 2 years. I had no problem with its performance till last week. But from last weekend I faced a problem of networking and it is reduce my company?s efficiency. Actually I have a problem as follows. When I am trying to rescan the configuration I found the 3 new connections on my network. Those three connections are (1). My channel (2) My neighbor channel5 (3).neighbor channel 9. I used some techniques to avoid this problem. Like I change my connection to 6 to keep separate my channel. But it doesn?t work. There is no effect of this. Because neighbor channel also changed to mine. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this difficulty. Please help me. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

Re: channel changes automatically in the wireless configuration.

I read your description and I come to know that you have an networking problem. To solve this type of problem I am giving here some ideas which will provide you some help to you to solve your problem. There is a possibility of your neighbors router setting is selected to chose the channel automatically which can cause this kind of problem. So first check out that your neighbor has which setting. I want to ask the question that your neighbor ever been try to connect your router. If yes then it is also reason for your problem. So that you have to change the setting of your neighbors router. And then try to check out yourself. I have this much of information. I hope this will give you some worth. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

I read your description but in that you did not give the proper information about your system so that I can?t give you an exact solution. But I can try to give you some general information about your problem. This type of problems are found in case of networks using BT home hub which in additionally works in your network. They may provide sometimes a second wireless network connection. As you did not mentioned the correct hardware configuration that?s why I am not sure about the whole terminology of your system. But this service also provide roaming WiFi access to BT customers by the use of open reach service. For that you can simply change the channel number in the router that will change almost all the setting in both the services. Then you will see simply two similar instances of your router. So that first check out your service. Hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

As per your description I can?t get the real terminology for your system. But here I am providing you some information which provides help to you in some manner. I think your connection is BT "Openzone?. That?s why I am thinking that the second connection is available in the BT hub. The BT home hub actually provide three access point. Those points are as follows. The first one is BTHUB and some numbers ( for private use, secured as default ) and the other one is BT openzone ( open ) And the last one is BT FON ( open ). I think this will give you some knowledge to solve your problem. Hope this will work. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

I read your problem and I come to know that the problem is very often. Because sometime before my friends also suffering from this type of problem. For solving your problem here I am giving you some information which may help you. First you have to check out if there is a new driver available for NIC or firmware for router. Then you can also make a check for whether the network is secured or not..because sometime the wireless association failed due to there is no reception from window for that connection. So please try to check out your setting and all. Hope this will helpful to you up to some extent. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

I read your description and I have some tips for solving your problem. Here I am giving you some advices. First try to place the router (wireless router) , wireless modem router in the central location of your company or where you want to set the connection. Because if the wireless router is outside the wall of your set up then there is a problem may occurred due to weak signal. Try to place the router in the higher position than your computer system. In this way you can improve your performance. I hope this will give you some comfort for solving your problem. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011

I read your problem. I think I have some better solutions for you to solve your problem. Here I am giving you some information for that. The antennas attached to your router are designed to be unidirectional, For broadcasting in all directions around the router. To save the router?s power try to install the router inside the wall of the room where your set up is installed. In this way you can save the wasted ower of the router. There are many routers available that do not allow you to increase the power output. But then also you can make a better use of that power in some manner. If the antenna of the router is removable then you can upgrade to high gain antenna for focusing the wireless signal. I hope this will give you better experience. Thank you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,