Thread: Suggestion for routing CAT5e Ethernet cable

Suggestion for routing CAT5e Ethernet cable

I am building my new house with. I am posting this over here to get some suggestion for this. My broadband goes to the house from my office, I want to ask that if I have to extend the cable as of my office toward every rooms where there could be computer usage? That is my office I would end up through 6 Ethernet sockets lying on the wall, one which connected to every room. Is that accurate or I am wrong in some way.

Re: Suggestion for routing CAT5e Ethernet cable

You are right, you will be able to do that by the way you have mentioned in your post. But of you want some other way to do that then you can make use of mains wiring to bring the signal and utilize home plug network otherwise you can also go with the wireless connection. So this is the alternate way to do that and you can do it in either way you like. I hope that will help you to make the connection. Thank you.

If you have decided to make use of the CAT5 network then you should be very careful to run the cables. The most important thing to take is to avoid the prospects of kinking. Don’t ever use the sharp bends and never run the CAT5 within the similar conduits like power cables. You must maintain that separated as of them. You method is correct but while doing that, just keep these things in your mind.

You will require using either six port router or else six port hub fed as of the router that you are using and not the six Ethernet sockets on the wall. If you try to use that then it will be just waste of time. If you are not very sure about this then it will be better for you if you can call some personal who is profession to all these and he will do that to you. This will be the best and the safest thing to do if you are not sure about the exact method to so the setup.

To begin with the Ethernet cabling, you must know that all the Ethernet cabling are not the same. If you visit the market then you will get that there are many “categories” of cabling. These categories will help you to know the superiority of the cabling. This will help you to know the amount of the cabling that you will be able to handle. Below is the list of the categories that I know and you can do more searches on this.
    • Cat 3
    • Cat 5
    • Cat 5E
    • Cat 6
    • Cat 7

It is easy in hub network to connect some device through an Ethernet cable toward the hub. This network can be utilized for sharing of files (file sharing) otherwise to print. The mapped network is not associated to Internet. This is the simplest kind of network. You attach the Ethernet ports of devices through a crossover cable. This kind of network can be utilized for sharing of files intended for playing network video games, otherwise printing to a printer which has Ethernet.