Thread: Cannot access NAS through wireless connection getting error message’ network drives are already in use’

Cannot access NAS through wireless connection getting error message’ network drives are already in use’

Well I am having D-link NAS device on the network which is used to map the network device. Now I wanted to discuss the issue which you are getting. I am able to access the drives through LAN. However as I switch to the Wireless network it result into an error message which has been already mentioned on the title of this particular thread. Let me know if you are having the same problem which I have mentioned over here. any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Cannot access NAS through wireless connection getting error message’ network drives are already in use’

I can’t figure out why the above mentioned issue is being happening to the situation of yours. which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Let me know about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the system? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers? Is there any firewall or security software on the system which might be causing an issue on the computer of yours.

re: Cannot access NAS through wireless connection getting error message’ network drives are already in use’

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suspecting that there is an issue with IP Addressing or Mac Address Filtering. Also there is a possibility that the Wireless adapter is not setup appropriately. To fix the matter you need to consider all the above mentioned point so that you can figure out the root cause of the problem and also respected solution to fix the matter of yours.

Well I wanted to know whether the router of yours is having compatibility for Samba and FTP? If there is a support than you have to see these particular options are enabled on the router and it should be configured appropriately. There are many number of old and cheaper version of the router which is having support for NAS. But they are not having ability to recognize above of 4GB or FAT32.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here and I have managed to fix the matter of mine. after doing little bit research work I have found that wireless connection is unable to access the server but i was able to ping the server. I have also thoroughly checked the DNS on the wireless and LAN which will resolve the server. Now I am not having the issue which you have mentioned over here.

Re: Cannot access NAS through wireless connection getting error message’ network drives are already in use’

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the Firewall which you have installed on the computer of yours. you should simply disable the firewall which you have installed on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not. if the issue is no persisting than I recommend that you should configure the firewall so that the issue which you are getting will not exist anymore. Let me know whether you have resolved the matter after using above mentioned thing.