Thread: What will be length of the longest network cable?

What will be length of the longest network cable?

Well I am looking to create a internet access point at a place which will need around 200meters of the cable. Before I make an investment for the cable I wanted to know whether it is possible to make the thing working for me. I have recently purchased Router and modem and let me know whether I need to upgraded. Also is there degrade in the speed after using the cable of 200meters. Let me know the speculation of yours in this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What will be length of the longest network cable?

In this particular situation I wanted to share something which will give you brief idea of thing which you are looking for over here in this particular thread. As far as I know you can have maximum 100 meters of the Ethernet cable. You can use the same for Cat5 as well as Cat6. I don’t think it would not be beneficial to use the 100meters of the cable. So you should consider the point which I have mentioned over here.

No I don’t agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. according to me you will be able to use cable below 100meters.but make sure that you have installed repeater at the halfway points so that there should not be any weakness into the signal strength. Installing repeater into the network might result into more cost. So you have to consider all the points before you take any action on this particular matter which you wanted to solve.

If you are not wanted to use anything like Amplifier or Repeater in the network than there is an alternative which you should use to fix the matter of yours. this particular thing only work for you if the locations are into the same main circuits and it is using as a pair of the Powerline Homeplugs. So you should if you don’t wanted to use the thing which has been previously in this particular thread.

I wanted to say thanks a lot to all the users. I have gone through the point which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. I will study all the things thoroughly which you have mentioned over here and I will let you know about the steps which I have taken to get the requirement of mine. anyway I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine.