Thread: Getting Error code 10 with network adapter on Windows 7 x64

Getting Error code 10 with network adapter on Windows 7 x64

Well as the title of the thread is suggesting what I wanted to discuss over here. I have installed Windows 7x64 on the computer of mine. I let you know that I am having an issue with Microsoft ISATAP Adapter as well as Toredo Tunneling Adapter. I am getting an error code 10. I cant figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know if you are having any useful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting Error code 10 with network adapter on Windows 7 x64

You have not provided much information to figure out the root cause of the problem. Do you have done any recent changes on the system o f yours? Let me know about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer of yours. do you have installed all the necessary drivers? do you have installed any antivirus program or firewall on the system? Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Looking at the problem I am suggesting a specific solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should launch registry editor on the system and you should look for following registry.
    • Code:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS
    • Once you have find the same you have to look in to right side pane you have to disabled the component and choose edit.
    • Now you have to set the DWord value to 0.

Now reboot the system of yours and see whether it is working or not.

If you have installed any security software or firewall on the computer of yours than I recommend that you should simply disable the same on the computer of yours. if the issue is not persisting than I recommend that you should simply configure the Firewall so that the issue which you have mentioned over here will not persist in the future. Let me know whether do you have noticed any difference in the situation after the thing which I have mentioned over here.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the out of dated drivers installed on the system of yours. I recommend that you should simply visit the official website of the device manufacture and look for the latest version of drivers. once you have found the same you should download and install the same on the computer of yours. after installing the latest version of the driver you should reboot the computer of yours.

Have you ever got the above mentioned issue in the past? If there was no such issue in the past then I recommend that you should simply perform a system restore. You should restore your computer on the restore point where there was no issue which you have discussed over here. the system restore process might be several minute longer so you need to wait till the entire process gets completed. After completing the process you should restart the computer.