Thread: Netgear N300 Dual Band Router is lagging

Netgear N300 Dual Band Router is lagging

Well recently I have bought Netgear N300 Dual Band Router. After installing this particular router I have noticed that the gaming on the laptop of mine is seems to be freezing even I am getting slow browsing speed of the internet on the laptop. I have searched on the Google to figure out the root cause of the problem. But there was nothing which I can apply to fix the matter of mine. thanks a lot in advance for the prompt replies for yours to help me out from this particular problem.

Re: Netgear N300 Dual Band Router is lagging

Well looking at the situation I am suspecting that this particular issue is associated with the Firmware of the router. You should get the latest version of the firmware from the official website of the router manufacturer. Once you have found the latest version of the router you should simply download and install the same on the router which you are having and see whether it is working or not.

In order to figure out the root cause of the problem you need to answer the following questions. Which operating system do you have installed? Which kind of connection do you using? I mean whether you are using wired connection or Wireless connection. Is there any security program installed on the computer of yours? there could be an issue with the Firewall so let me know if you have installed any firewall on the computer of yours.

Well I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have done lots of research work to figure out the root cause of the problem. Well I have figure out that the router which I am using is having compatibility issue with the Talk Talk broadband which is I am using currently. So far I am not having solution except changing the internet service provider. But I will let you know if I come across any other solution to resolve the matter which you are getting.

I think in this particular situation I recommend that you should perform a soft reset your router which you are having with you. Well now question is how to perform a soft reset on a router? It is very simple you have to simply restart router of yours. after restarting the router let me know whether you have found any difference into the situation. I will tell you if I come to know about any other solution to fix the matter.

I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the router itself. I recommend that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able claim for the service warranty. I am hoping the service center people will help you out to fix the matter of yours. let me know about the experience of yours after visiting the official service center.