Thread: Error 676 the phone line is busy

Error 676 the phone line is busy

I am having some problem with the internet connection. Whenever I try to do that then it shoes me the message which says "Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) Error 676 The phone line is busy". I tried many times but all the times, result was the same. Can you tell me that why it is showing me this message and how can I resolve this. Please guide me to get out of the issue. I will appreciate each reply on this.

Re: Error 676 the phone line is busy

There is a very simple setting that you will have to do in order to avoid this problem. Just click on start > settings and from there open the control panel. Go to the Internet option from there and open the “Connection tab”. There you will see one checkbox for "Never dial a connection", select that box and click on apply > ok. After doing this, you will not get that message again. If you again get that then please reply back.

To get this problem resolved, you will have to login to the http://192.168.1.1 and from there open the WAN page and under vpi/vci 0/35 see to it that nit is put to the Briged mode. If it is not in Briged mode then select that and save the changes. I have always this selected. There are more chances that putting it on the Briged mode will really resolve the problem. So just give it a try and let me know the result of that.

I think that the modem settings are messed up and because of that you are getting this problem. If you want to resolve that then you will have to reset your modem. You can read the manuals for that and you will get the way to do that. Other than this, if you look at the bottom of that then you will get that there is a small hole in that. To reset that, you will just have to press that for at least five seconds and it will be reset. This will cure the problem for you.

My suggestion to you is to remove the existing connection as of the Network Connections and after that create a new connection. You can try to connect again with the help of PPPOE mode within the router. I did the same when I was getting the similar message and doing this solves the problem for me. This is the most basic setting that one need to in order to resolve the issues similar to this.

You can try with three things to solve the problem. I am listing them below.
    • Change the service name to dataone.
    • Change that to bridged mode.
    • Create the connection again.