Thread: Reset button in ZTE ZXDSL-531B Modem

Reset button in ZTE ZXDSL-531B Modem

I have bought BSNL Dataone connection previous month along with the modem ZTE ZXDSL - 531B through wireless as well as four Ethernet port as of bsnl. I am having some problem with that. Actually I am not able to get the properties page of that and for that reason I wish to reset that. I was searching for the hidden reset button in that but not able to find that. Someone please tell me that where is that located and how to use that exactly to reset that button.

Re: Reset button in ZTE ZXDSL-531B Modem

I don’t think that resetting your modem settings will resolve the problem that you are facing. If you really want to solve this then just open the IE and from there you will have to clear the temporary files form that. Once you are done with that then you will have to login with the admin ID and the password and see if you are able to get the properties page after this. I would like to tell you this ID and password is not similar to your BSNL ID and password.

I think that your computer is not getting the IP address and that is the main reason that you are not able to access the modem. There is more possibilities that this is the problem with that. So what you can do is, just open the command prompt. You will just have to go to Start > Run > type cmd and it will open the command prompt. There you will have to type the ipconfig and then post whatever result of this command you get after this.

There is a small button for hard reset. I am not sure about the exact position of that but this is a small hole which is made in such a way so that you will require making use of any pointed material pin to press that. You will have to press that for five seconds and after that you will find that it is reset to its default factory settings. So just see to that carefully and I am sure that you will get that easily. Good Luck!!!

I know that why you are not getting that. This is because it’s made very small. Anyway, you can just take a look at the bottom of the modem and you will be able to see many of the venting outlets and all of them are in the shape of the rectangle but the one which is on the bottom right is circular in shape. This is the one you are searching for. You can make use of any pencil or pin to press that for few seconds and it will reset the router.

Reading the manual will be the best way to get the answer for this. You must have the manual for your router. Go though that and see if they have mentioned anything regarding the hard reset of the router. I am quite sure that you will get the answer from there. If you are not having that then search for the online manual and you will get the answer from there.