Thread: Norton's compatibility with Mozilla Firefox 6-beta

Norton's compatibility with Mozilla Firefox 6-beta

When I was installing the Firefox 6-beta, I receive a warning. Is there any compatibility issue between, Norton antivirus and fire fox 6-beta? I want to know should I uninstall the Norton during the fire fox upgrade. According to the Norton’s setting protection is on and working properly. If I am still protected I will wait for an updated Norton, or else I will need to know how to uninstall fire fox 4-beta and reinstall fire fox 6-beta

Re: Norton's compatibility with Mozilla Firefox 6-beta

Norton works fine with the fire fox 4-beta, Except for Norton's Tool Bar. You can open the Firefox 4.0 Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut. To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut to open it again. I would also suggest you to not try to fire fox in the safe mode, it will disable the add one. To down load the fire fox 6-beta, disable the antivirus and then download and install it. After that again turn on the Norton antivirus.

You can start the fire fox 6-beta in the safe mode, by holding the shift key, while using the fire fox start menu. To close the fire fox from the safe mode, close the fire fox and wait before using the fire fox again. Except for Norton's Tool Bar, Norton Internet Security 2011 works fine with Firefox 6-beta. It always takes Norton awhile to update their software to have their Tool Bar work with Firefox 6-beta Major Releases.

Mozilla does tend to break compatibility quite late in their Beta cycle; it is checked daily by the software developer of the fire fox. When fire fox releases the major update with its product then it do not guaranty interface compatibility. If you want to make this update then you have to update your browser and make sure that your Norton is disabled off. If it is not disable off then there might be the compatibility issue.