Thread: What is public ip address and local ip address?

What is public ip address and local ip address?

I have just set a small software company including my 8 friends and my partner and also my workers , as I am the only person to have some knowledge about networking I have been given the work to maintain the network as the network is been setup by an third party so that this could be well utilized by us , but due to come cost cutting networking departments is to be handled be me , so know there are 13 pc along with one shared printer and one sepqrer , with some router and gateway that all make up my network ip address , so to start with basic , I just want to know the basic , that is what is public ip address and what is local ip address as both of them tend to confuse me a lot and give me some other information regarding the same .

Re: What is public ip address and local ip address?

TO explain you in the simplest possible way a, public ip address is the one that is accessible to the internet and is and this one is quite better to used to communicated with the outside world and loop back ip address are also called as a local ip address, that are used by your local network such as your , it is basically consists of a group of computer that form that group, they normally are used to connected each other with the public ip address. I hope that was helpfully.

Every computer on the LAN (local area network) is been connected to the router and then all of the router s that are connected to the internet have a number given to them which are normally stated from the 10 . or in these days more preferably in 193. Till now I have not been able to use this as this is the most important factor that I need to consider here , I have been having my own set of configuration and need to be connected to rounter which is inturn bounded by the public ip address ,where as to the user who is sending you a mail see just a single ip address for all of the computer connected to the lan .

The above user were just basic but to understand it better you need to have to penetrate in some depth the IP address the your lan has can is dynamic and could be changed at a will but the public ip address cannot be changed at the will and is more like a static form , though the external user might see only one ip address but the web sepqrer surely know about the connection that are made inside that ,this is known to him by the router that we use , it just codes the information that the Lan is connected with .

If you are well learning the difference then I guess the you should be also be acquainted with the port forwarding as a technique you can use this to this would help you to concentrate more on the inbound topic and that would help you even better to go with it , I have been using this and I have two web sepqrer but , one has a real ip address while the other one is just a snoop, so just open up you mind and learn your network .

I was really glad to hear such a high replies that you have, I would rather like to have this on my replies I would really like to have this one laptop and save this as that would be really help me to use, this would be there, I would think that same thing, I would really like to save this on my laptop as there would help you to have me to save this for my further details.