Thread: problem in Internet speed on Asus Eee’s computer

problem in Internet speed on Asus Eee’s computer

I have a desktop at my home (it is of Eee’s). And also have an internet connection (cable connection). I recently upgraded my cable internet service to 50 mbps download and 5 mbps upload. I try on 2G as well as 4G running Win XP but my downloading speed does not exceed to 10 mbps either via speed tests or actual downloads. My upload speed is fine. I see on different computers this facility works fine. The problem only found on Eee’s computers. I have used Surfboard SB6120 modem for internet. So please give any guidance to solve this problem.

Re: problem in Internet speed on Asus Eee’s computer

As per your description I suggest you some techniques to follow. You can check your internet connection from your service provider. Your downloading speed mostly depends on the speed of your Internet connection so it is very important issue for your data transfer. Also consider upgrading to Direct Service Line(DSL) or a cable connection. Although you have the cable , your internet service provider can give you better and faster cable service if available. i hope this will provide you better option.

I can provide you some information to you which will help to understand internet connection speed You can measure the connection speed by the amount of data that can be transferred per second. Kbps means kilobyte per seconds and MBps means megabyte per seconds. One megabyte consists of 1024 kilobytes. The dial up connections usually provides speed up to 56 kbps, while cable can provide up to 20 Mbps speed. You are telling that your speed is 5 mbps which is rarely heard. So I don’t know the solution about such fast internet connection. I hope this information make you comfortable.

As per your description I can’t make that in what manner you are using the downloading facility. There can be mistakes in users techniques causes this type of problems. So close any open programs those you do not need while downloading. . This will free up your computer's resources to better handle the data transfer. So if possible you can download the files when you are away from the computer. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

As you mentioned you did not get required speed of downloading. This problem may occur due to traffic jam. So try to download files at different times of the day. The more people who are downloading the same file, the slower the file downloads for everyone. If you are suffering from slow download then you can try at different time of a day when fewer people might be trying to download the same file.

I think there is widely used solution for this kind of problem. Try to download “Download Accelerator “and install it. Download Accelerator is a program that is used for optimization of your computer’s downloading capabilities. You can increase your downloading speed as well as it helps to manage them also. When you begin downloading a file, Download Accelerator saves the file so that you can resume downloading it later if necessary. This technique really enhances your downloading. I also experience the same. So I give you an advice to prefer it. I hope this may help you up to some extent.