Thread: Reinstallation of Wireless connection for ASUS eee PC

Reinstallation of Wireless connection for ASUS eee PC

I have wireless connection. My wireless connection was working fine until I download a bunch of files of FlashDrive and I also installed T-mobile broadBand USB modem. Now I don’t have an access via wireless. When I Refresh Wireless Connections List, there are none. So I would like to reinstall these wireless connection. Can you please help me to do this or tell me about the required steps to reinstall. Because when I try to reinstall it tells me the wireless switch in not on. So can anyone tell me where is the switch. Also, where are some docs that show me the physical attributes of my EeePc?

Re: Reinstallation of Wireless connection for ASUS eee PC

According to your description I think you got a device conflict. You may have to uninstall the USB modem drivers and check whether they have an updated version or an older version that can solve the problem. If there is any problem in that then that is the reason for preventing the WIFI from working. Don’t go for immediate shutdown, it's weird that Device Manager doesn't show a problem but not unheard of for a problem to exist without it necessarily showing up in device manager. After uninstalling the modem drivers you swill either get the WiFi working again after reboot or you can safely try re-installing the WiFi drivers then.

According to your problem I suggest you some answers to your questions. You want to know the place of wireless on/off switch. So it is handled by the BIOS, the FN+F1 is the way to access it. So check the BIOS, devices and make sure that it is enabled or disabled. Your another question’s answer (where are some docs that show me the physical attributes of my EeePc?) is that most docs would be the paper kind,which of you don’t have then you can just ask what specifics you want to know from this board.

As per your description I can provide you an information (this information is of 1005HAB-BLU001X ). The F key arrangement is F1=Sleep/Suspend, F2=WiFi/Bluetooth on/off combination toggle, F3=enable/disable touch pad, F4=Toggle default screen resolutions, F5=Lower Screen Brightness, F6=Raise Screen Brightness, F7=Screen Backlight on/off, F8=Multiple Monitor (VGA out) mode toggling, F9=Brings up Windows Task Manager, F10=Sound Mute, F11=Lower Volume, F12=Raise Volume
    So you now know what those symbols stand for so you can use it for your work. Fn+F1 could be just putting the system to sleep. So I think this will worth for you.

After reading your problem, here I give you some information about reinstalling. There are three ways to recover in Eee PC  using F9 key, using Eee PC support DVD, bootable USB drive using BartPE, bootable USB Drive using UltraISO. I only have this much of information. But how to use each one of them is not known to me so sorry for that. You can use one the technique for reinstalling. I hope this will work for you.

As per your problem you want to do reinstallation. But before reinstalling you should know what are the requirements for that. Here are some of them A PC with DVD Drive, Eee PC XP Support DVD (Which comes with your EEE PC. It have ghost images of XP). Any Windows XP Installation CD / DVD (for windows xp source files), Bartpe Builder (to create Bart's Preinstalled Environment - BartPE bootable live USB), USD Stick (atleast 4 GB), Novicorp WinToFlash (to write BartPE and ghost images to USB + to make USB bootable).