Thread: Enable File and Printer Sharing remotely

Enable File and Printer Sharing remotely

I and my friend both have Windows XP SP3 on our system. Both of us are on same network switch. I know IP address and admin password of my friends system. Printer sharing is off and firewall is on. I want to access his pc. But whenever I try to ping his IP address .I can’t get reply from his machine. Can I enable File and Print Sharing remotely from my machine?

Re: Enable File and Printer Sharing remotely

Turn of firewall of your system .after turning of firewall right click on my computer icon and go to the properties select remote tab and select checkbox “allow the users to connect remotely to this computer“ and click apply and then ok. You know the password and ip of your friend .So if your friend allows you to access the system then you can access it. But both the computers have to be in same network.

There are three ways to do this First one is using Telnet .Telnet need to be enabled on both pc to use it. And exception needs to be added in Firewall. And second one is Remote Desktop connection .You can enable it through Computer Properties and add exception in Firewall. You can also use teamspeak also you can user 3rd party software like teamspeak. All this applications need to be configured at least one time on destination pc to get access.

I know teamviewer and other remote computer software. My main purpose is I don’t want to go manually there or ask someone to do some type of enable at the remote PC. Just i want to have the access on that default installed machine from my end without doing anything on that end. Only I have is remote machine's ip and admin password.