Thread: DHCP server unavailable error on web modem

DHCP server unavailable error on web modem

For a number of reasons, determined to shift to the woods. That means that, for at the moment, I have WildBlue satellite internet, and I would like to kill. That said there is a WiMax supplier toward reach the area into a few months, which is supposed to be a little superior. DSL is supposed to be here long as well, however no ETA on that. ViaSat1 BM satellite is supposed to launch this year too, however has been delayed at least once for the reason that it was damaged in the factory at what time they were moving to attempt I cannot appear to acquire it to connect to some computer, apart from that I'm writing this. It will not acquire a DHCP lease to some other computer.

Re: DHCP server unavailable error on web modem

Same problem with me, I have an old computer running m0n0wall for my router that has served me very well, but will not get a lease from the modem. I tried cloning the MAC address of the NIC in this system - the system only works with - alternate DNS servers, static IP settings, five dissimilar network cards, and up till now back up my setting M0n0wall and switching on the way to PFsense. After that I tried a direct connection to my old computer with Windows 2000. Similar result every time: 0.0.0.0 IP, DHCP server not accessible.

Are you supposed to get a public or private IP address, you'll lease a modem or ISP can handle the modem? It is potential that there is simply one DHCP address pool, you possibly will necessitate to unplug in support of a day or two (be sure of length of lease) the lease terminate and afterward try to reconnect. You possibly will not be receiving an IP address, for the reason that the lease is in a "reserve" status. If you really get a single address (I once had an ISP similar to that), why not generate a NAT router? Yet if it is NAT will have a variety of Internet devices.

Hi thanks for your response. According to me it’s not a good idea. My current IP address is dissimilar from what was the last time I confirm, however come into view to be consistent through at least 75.125.154.x, and I consider the defaulting gateway 75.125.154.1 has always been. The DHCP server is 10.235.40.14; however I perceive nothing to be specified in PFsense or M0n0wall. I do not think you are having problems finding the DHCP server though. I heard about the World Bank goes through DNS by DHCP. DNS server is 75.125.128.61 and I have tried to position it manually.

Recuperate into the config of your router and situate the WAN correlation as a static IP as an alternative of DHCP. Utilize the similar IP address/DNS settings/gateway setting that your pc acquire from the modem into the initial place. After that straight away statically configure those settings resting on the WAN interface of your router. I hope it will help you. If you still have any query then try to find about it on internet I am sure that you will get appropriate solution there.

My modem works very well through the installer netbook at what time initially established. After that an old Linksys WAP connected toward the Internet I would have, at least into my laptop as it had not been any Cat5 though, to my desk. It worked perfectly. After that I ran my lines and the pattern of my router, I linked to that initial, and in progress having these difficulties DHCP. The moment you attach to this computer, it was superior Plug 'n Play, no need to power cycle. The team has a lease immediately.

A NAT router is a quality consumer router, they all have that function. Receiving a single IP address from your ISP, and on the inside into the network that gives every device one of its domestic IP addresses. For illustration, your ISP gives you a 52.34.xx IP; the router has (connect the router to the modem within a exacting WAN port). Within (usually four ports on the router), the router provide each device a 192.168.0.x number. At the moment all devices are connected to the same network and can communicate with each other and if one needs the Internet to automatically contact your router that will transmit data to and from the Internet without problems.