Thread: Need certified traffic model for the OSI layer 3 & 4.

Need certified traffic model for the OSI layer 3 & 4.

I am searching for a guaranteed (e.g. by the ITU) movement model for the OSI layer 3 & 4. (TCP/IP) It could be fabulous if there are definitions for special sorts of traffic, for example -traffic (protocol only), surfing, file-transfer and the entire these assorted up. The cause why I come across in favor of it is that I am in fact working at my single hypothesis and require simulating network traffic and its performance in/at a router. Specifically I need to reproduce the RTO (retransmission timeout) of a router with "sensible" activity.

Re: Need certified traffic model for the OSI layer 3 & 4.

SmartBits network presentation examination system is perfect for high port thickness testing of Gigabit and 10Gigabit Ethernet. A robust and adaptable platform, SmartBits features test appliance in favor of xDSL, cable modem etc. The SmartBits manufactured goods line features portable, high-density chassis and a collection of modules that hold up a variety of technologies, protocols, and interfaces in addition on the way to software applications and scripts.

In point of fact, I'm not looking in support of a simulation environment (I utilize Matlab Simulink through SimEvents lib). I'm looking additional in favor of the statistics to produce traffic for myself. As the standard values of performance packet hammering, RTT (roundtrip time), packet length and presently in favor of dissimilar types of traffic (as I wrote within the post earlier than the transfer of immobility, the surf file, and in conclusion, the majority sensible, mixing them every one of).

SmartBits is not a simulation environment is a traffic originator that allocates you to simulate dissimilar types of network traffic during genuine devices. As for statistics, if you utilize definite devices that are able to obtain a lot of that information all the way through SNMP polling, or the Cisco devices are able to utilize the IP SLA. In a simulated environment for example Simulink I'm not convinced how to perform consequently. I hope this will help you.

Is there a superior traffic generator configurable free? Perhaps I am able to inject traffic into my simulation, it is significance annoying. The point (with respect to the traffic statistics) is that I use (if probable) a traffic model that is specialized through a case in point for example ITU. This is a research project investigating the performance of networks and network devices throughout the "low rejection rate TCP selective service", so we need models that are able to refer on the way to. I think it supposed to be so, however is well concealed into the depth of the flood of documents from the ITU.

Hello as per my knowledge SmartBits available from Spirent Communications, Spirent Test Center is put together resting on an architecture that offers superior practicality, scalability and performance in favor of network equipment manufacturers, service providers and enterprises focused on the delivery of any application over any network. Iperf and two traffic generators nuttcp unreservedly obtainable, however not permit you to generate dissimilar types of traffic, simply UDP or TCP.

As I said, I'm not sure if this model actually exists, as a result I asked here. I just hope somebody might say, "I be acquainted with what I mean just seem in the ITU document E723, you'll discover the answers," I be acquainted with it's an extremely complicated topic to produce a good traffic model and reasonable, and many people had thought regarding it. However is there an official one? There be supposed to be somewhat there that says: If you want to simulate network traffic using these traffic patterns to these the distribution of the mean and variance that.