Thread: Suggestion for basic ASA configuration

Suggestion for basic ASA configuration

Hi, I have build a small network with the few machine running, but I have progressively gotten errors while configuring the ASA, you might be thinking that why I was doing that, so let me tell you the basic reasons, as when I was trying ping from LANA to LANB and vice versa, it was giving error after that I was not able to ping the outside interface as well. Actually I was to set IPSec VPN so please suggest me configuring the ASA settings. thanks.

Re: Suggestion for basic ASA configuration

You can follow this Basic steps for VPN Configuration:

1 – First of all describe the ISAKMP Policy, in this policy you need to specify Authentication, Hash, Encryption and lastly the group that you want to access.

2 - As you as complete with this you need to set up IPsec transform set, for example Esp-des, Esp-md5-hmac. Esp- aes, Asp-sha-hmac.

3 – After that organize crypto access list, there you need to define the traffics. And then configure the crypto map, this is actually Used to authenticate the beforehand defined parameters.

4 - At this instant concern crypto map on the exterior interface which is used to authenticate the outgoing interface traffic.

Have you configure the NAT ever before? Because ASAs classically necessitate several sort of NAT configuration in order to pass the network traffic, rely on the circumstances. You'll almost certainly require setting up a few sort of NAT or NAT exception. So if you haven’t done that you need to first of all do that and you can specify the LOGs as well here, and that would be better to determine what is the problem.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but still I am not getting the actual way for configuring the VPN with the LAN I have. I have tried to configure the NAT as well, but I am not getting that is there any problem there only or with the router I am using. Because it is not able to display name of any host present in the network, so it might be possible that there is some problem In the configuration isn’t it?

Yeah this might be possible that because of the unbalanced settings this is happening, but you can have another option as well like you can refer the configuration guide that you’ll get from the official website of Cisco, but still it seems that your LAN is not even communicating, isn’t it? so let me tell you that you need to sort that first, because for implementing the VPN you need a active LAN connection.

From the mentioned question I am not getting the clear idea about the problem but still I would like to recommend you that if you are not getting the thing, you can simply hire a network engineer for these, because they are the expertise person who can help you with building the VPN as well, and as recommend by the above user you should first make communication available between the LAN you have.