Thread: Cisco 1921 router vs. Cisco 1941 router

Cisco 1921 router vs. Cisco 1941 router

Hi, I came across to many integrated service router from the 1900 series, and among them I have to choose one, but as I am confuse between those router, because there are too many models with different specification and the performance, but I have seen that some of the routers from the this series are almost equivalent to 1841s series, isn’t it? and if suppose if we concern about the speed and the liable performance which model would be best to buy ? as mentioned in the title which one is better among this two? Any suggestion?

Re: Cisco 1921 router vs. Cisco 1941 router

The Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router (ISR) brings you extremely protected data, portability, and application services as whatever you’re expecting. The primary features includes 2 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, 2 enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slots, it has a ability to support 802.3af this power modules as well. if you concern the security it has a built in hardware encryption, together with this you can have extremely protected mutual communications.

Though you have mentioned two product with their series but let me tell you that there are multiple product with the same series, such as CISCO1941/K9 and C1941-SEC-SRE/K9 so still with the 1941 series you can have too many models, according to me you should first of make your own configuration and after that look for the model, after that you’ll be able to figure out which one would be better for yourself.

According to me you should prefer CISCO1941W-E/K9, it has a ability to support over 10 routing protocol such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, PIM-SM, IGMPv3, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing and many more. The router is a evolutionary platform with multicore CPUs, if you have glance at the specification of this model, it will come to know that the hardware it has through which you can have very good performance, some of the features includes firewall protection, VPN support, Syslog support, IPv6 support, CBWFQ, WRED.

Have you ever visited the official website of the Cisco, if not, then I would recommend you to visit it at least, because from there you’ll get the better idea about other product as well with their compatibility, hardware it uses, performance and the cost for sure. So you can easily get the idea about the one you want. Suggesting one model isn’t a good idea as you are willing to buy a good router, it would be like a preference only.

If you want to know about the Cisco router like how fast they are? And whatever it would be like if you are planning to have any or you already have any you can simply visit the official website, and after giving the proper details about your product you’ll be able to get all these details, but still I would like to give you the files through which you can get the idea about too many model, so you can easily compare them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey thank for the PDF dude as it was too helpful, but still I have some doubts about the speed it has, because as mentioned in the PDF some of the information seems irregular, because I have seen that there is very good mentioned speed, but it don’t have that much speed. So do I prefer this document or not? please suggest me as soon as possible.