Thread: Connection drops on Surfboard 5101 and on DLink DIR 655 Router

Connection drops on Surfboard 5101 and on DLink DIR 655 Router

On my home I had a Comcast internet connection. The net is configured on Surfboad 5101 in adjacent with Dlink DIR 655 router. Now I had connected the router to the Surfboard and from their I tried that others can share my network. Now when I tried to run a software update from my system the net speed was fluctuating. The same I had tested on the router also. But I am still getting speed issue in my area. I contacted the ISP they said there is no issue from their side. How can be this possible, that those net speed is not stable on any of the device.

Re: Connection drops on Surfboard 5101 and on DLink DIR 655 Router

To some extent there can be both hardware and software issue. Like you can run a ping command and check the internet fluctuation. If the same is continuous then you must complain to your isp to fix the same. The fault does not lie on your end. A wireless network may be running too long without any problem, and suddenly stop working for no reason. For this I will recommend you first to reconfigure the entire network back again. Then check your internet speed and if there is still fluctuation then get a new connection.

Try to configure your internet on router. At first if you are using Windows then you can try using Windows network diagnostic utility to correct the problems in your wireless connection.For this you will need right click on the connection icon in the system try and choose repair. The connection will be deactivated and then activated in an attempt to get it working again. This fixes issue most of the time. Stop all your security services like firewall, antivirus, etc and then check back.

Go in device manager and check that your hardware is properly detected and there is no warning sign on the same. In my system I have a PCMCIA wireless card. Suddenly one day my internet stopped working and that was cause due to old driver. I was just cleaning my system with an driver cleaner and lost the same. I had run a new and fresh driver update which fixed the matter. I think you must also try to look the same also and then check back.

Sometimes, if a new network has been installed near your house that can can create interference. The sign of this new network can take over your home network, particularly if your network signal is weak in certain areas of the house. So you must check does there is any other wifi network working nearby your home or area. You need a good signal to work on a wifi network or else you might this common errors. Click on view available wireless networks and check what connections are shown in that.

If you find that your connection works when you put your PC near the router and it starts giving problem as you move then that means that the is cause due to the interference in your area. There are ample of devices in house with emit signals that are overlapping your wifi network. You have to either use a bette hardware or avoid those devices to get rid of signals. Try check that there are not multiple connections not working on the same area.

D-Link Router connected to your system is getting disconnected is due to the router drivers installed on the system. Router drivers are directly responsible for the functioning of the routers as they link the router with the OS. All users having D-Link Router getting disconnected issue are advised to check the router drivers installed on the system using the device manager. If the router drivers are found illegitimate, outdated or incorrect, they would have to be replaced with suitable ones to solve the issues. get help to fix D-Link Router Disconnection problem hope this helps you.