Thread: Google redirecting due to the sirefef.B Trojan

Google redirecting due to the sirefef.B Trojan

I am using Firefox as my default web browser. Whichever page I open I am redirected to Google. I first thought the problem was with the browser. So switched to Internet Explorer. But the same issue occur in IE also. I have to hit the F5 a number of time to open my site. It is getting really irritating. I searched on web and found that this is due to sirefef.B Trojan. But my antivirus did not found anything. How can I remove this.

Are you sure that you have that virus. You must run a full system scan under safe mode. It happens that under normal mode sometime you wont get appropriate results. So just boot your system in safe mode and run a scan. Use Malwarebytes in your system and then check back. This is a good anti-malware which is capable of cleaning your system and giving you appropriate results. This might be enough to remove that trojan.

If scanning under safe mode does not work then run system restore. This will restore your old browser settings back. But this does not means it will also remove the virus. There are chances that the infection still remain in your pc. You can try some different antivirus. There are many good one which comes in trial. You can download them and install the same in your pc. Like Norton or McAfee. Just get a trial edition of any good antivirus and scan update it. Then scan your pc with that.