Thread: How to connect to WiFi with LAN wire

How to connect to WiFi with LAN wire

I am having the MTNL WiFi Router which is at some distance as of my PC and for that reason I am getting zero net speed which is very frustrating. I found that there is a power port on my router and also 4 LAN Ports. So I am wondering that it is possible that I will be able to connect to the router as of my computer with the help of LAN wire. Can this possible and what is the additional equipment that I will require to do that. I want to do this because I think that using the LAN Cable will give the quicker access as compared to the wireless. Please help me to do that.

Re: How to connect to WiFi with LAN wire

The port of which you are talking is called as the Ethernet port and to do that, you will just require having the good cat6 RJ-45 cable. There is no need to have some additional equipment, all you have to have a good LAN cable for this. And this will also not going to affect the WiFi connection. Just do a deep search on goggle and you will get the brief instruction that how that can be done and what are the steps that you will have to follow to do that.

How do you have the WiFi set up and the computer cannot access the connection. Is the computer you are using is not having the wifi adapter? What is the distance where the router is placed? The minimum distance for this should be 25-30 meters and then only it will be able to catch the connection. Other than this, you can place your MTNL WiFi Router in a manner that the laptop receive the signal from that.

Since your workstation is the sole internet connected device then you ought to auction the router and go for the amplification from MTNL themselves and join the LAN straight to PC than to track it through the router. Didn’t they give you additional wire? I have got enough to wire up my residence with the ones given by BSNL and Airtel. Be that as it may you might as well begin with recognizing why your sign is feeble. What numbers of dividers are there betwixt?

It is very simple to do that, All you have to do is just get the wireless router. Connect the LAN cable to the wireless router as of the modem. Connect the desktop to the router with the help of the lan cable. Once you are done with the connection then you will be able to connect to wireless router with the help of the WiFi. The only probable difficulty is that if your broadband is provided over phone lines (in place of fibre optic cable) then you possibly should acquire a joint wireless router/modem within one unit.

Thank you so much for your reply on this. I have connected the laptop with that and that is functioning without any problem. By the way if I utilize the wire to get connect the machine 1 which is having the internet connection to the machine 2 which is not having the internet connection then will the 2nd machine will be able to access the internet from the first machine? I hope that you will give some suggestion for this as well.