Thread: Which type of wifi router is recommended for medium network

Which type of wifi router is recommended for medium network

For an router setup which type of router is recommended for a medium type network. In the network the pc are ranging from 4 to 8 maximum. I had tried my old one, but when there are higher number of system access the net the lan freezes a lot. I need some suggestion to choose the most appropriate router along with what support is needed to on the same. The network is not entirely big, but the router must be strong enough to deal with the bandwidth.

Re: Which type of wifi router is recommended for medium network

It is best to go for Linksys. There is an model called as Linksys 54g wireless router. I had used this before it has a 4 ports switch and there are a higher model available in the same with more number of ports. This has become a classic because of the possibility offered to change the firmware is integrated making it an ideal device to investigate. There is an button that allows you to create a new wireless connection protected function SecureEasySetup system and WPA data encryption 128 bits. So that makes your work easier.

The WNDR3700 Netgear Router is a simultaneous dual-band, Wireless-N router. There are multiple feature son that you can try. The best part of the router is that it is easy to configure. It has a full feature including four Gigabit LAN ports for servers, computers, etc, parental control, the ability to create networks of assessment in both bands, and a USB port for connecting an external hard drive to share wirelessly. The Netgear wireless router also has a traffic meter - especially useful if you have unlimited Internet access but not allow you to limit the amount of downloads a specific user.

Here are some models that I am posting. You can go for some basic specification of all those to get the exact model of your choice. The below there models are all regular wifi router with 4 usb support and all latest networking standard. I am not sure about the price but the router is enough strong to deal with all wifi activity. A bit high end model within the same range, will offers you more ports and higher standards of connectivity.
    • Linksys WRT610N
    • MikroTik RB750
    • Mikrotik RB750G

The best wireless router as per can be the Linksys WRT610N. Linksys devices provides the fail-safe five-gigahertz operation. The second place Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N does not have the same performance, but costs nearly in half and creates a high-speed wireless. The router is really cheap. Devices with modem you get often from the DSL provider. Mostly they are also suitable for Internet telephony. The box allows receiving faxes, and has USB 2.0 ports to connect with printers and hard drives in a network.

Current wireless router to achieve a much higher transmission speed and greater range than the previous generation. They operate on the (pre-) standard 802.11n.But the wireless router should you pay attention not only on the data rate over short distances. Basically all current 11n router should be fast enough to distribute the bandwidth of current DSL connection without the losses in the network. Besides the speed and the safety aspect suggests to consider the purchase of a current router: all 11n devices support WPA2 supprt are the current best routers.