Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I Install Proxy Server on Domain Server

Networking & Security

Old 15-07-2011

Can I Install Proxy Server on Domain Server

Hello everyone,
I am new here, I have small domain server installed at my client place and my client wants to provide internet access through Wi-Fi. It also wants that user must enter user name and password (that he provide to user) to access internet. i want to know is it possible on same server or not ? if yes then how
Thanx in Advance.

Old 16-07-2011

Re: Can I Install Proxy Server on Domain Server

First of all fix the internet problem and then check your clients. To do so go to start, run, cmd. type ipconfig /all. See if the ip address of the gateway is your router, the ip of the dns is your server. Or you can go to my DHCP settings in Adminstrative Tools and set the Router address. Hope that works for you.
Old 18-07-2011

This is not my question sir, I ask that how i install proxy server that require user name and password while accessing internet from domain server.
Old 19-07-2011

hello i think it bit difficult to make proxy server that require user name and password on domain but its possible on the Ubuntu. there is software called Squid and through this you can make password protected Proxy server on the Domain. The Squid perform all of the risky security encryption and validation processes. Squid may contact it initially for a challenge token and blindly relay this to the client. Any credentials or tokens presented by the client are passed untouched to the helper.
Old 20-07-2011

Thanx Unequaled, Can it has be done on Windows Server also ? if yes please tell me how?
Old 21-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmishravns View Post
Thanx Unequaled, Can it has be done on Windows Server also ? if yes please tell me how?
You can try to enable RRAS as a VPN Server and a NAT Router. After you install the RRAS server role, it is initially in a disabled state. Use the first procedure to enable the service and to configure it to provide virtual private network (VPN) and network address translation (NAT) services. If you have already installed and enabled RRAS, and want to add the VPN and NAT router features, use the second procedure. For more information see this article.
Old 23-07-2011

Thanks again, i will try it

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,