Thread: Faq-virus protection

Faq-virus protection

I had bought a new hp laptop with the antivirus software installed in it and I was searching the information related to virus and how to protect the system and I want to know what is virus, malware and what basic step should be follow to avoid these as I do lots of data transfer so can anyone guide me regarding this. I will be thankful to the person who ever help me out to get rid from this problem. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Faq-virus protection

Usually the virus disables the pc by reproducing automatically in the ram and even the hard disks and it can even hide in some documents and even expand invisibly. Well if it is infected then it usually show many symptoms such as on start up the computer screen displays an wired graphics and even unusual error message and it give some strange beep sound and most of the times file get corrupted and whenever you try to open the .exe file it will show you Write protect errors and it take long time to start up and pc usually started working slow and some time freeze and unexpected shut down.

The best protection from the virus is the antivirus program which keeps your system healthy and even free from virus. Antivirus automatically looks for the virus whenever you download or open any new software and even it check your emails. Well I think Symantec is the best among all and if you are having the windows xp then it usually installed the software and even the virus updates and patches which help your system to run smoothly. If your system is infected then you must scan your full hard drive with the help of antivirus.

Well I think the antivirus is not sufficient to protect the system from virus. Like the face book which is a social networking site is plagued with an malware so to protect from that we should keep our antivirus program update. You should even make a use of malware byte which scans the malware from any site and even the antispyware program is also good. You must have two stages for protection 1st is good antivirus and the other one is good malware cleaner.

You must have a good backup strategy with the good antivirus program. You can recover your system even if it infected as most of the virus mostly delete the critical information from the hard drive. You must setup your system to backup the system automatically. I’m having the Windows Home Server to back up my computers and it won’t store same data on different machine which avoid duplication of data. Through backup you can restore the system from the single files.

Make sure you are not having more than one antivirus program installed in your system as it usually interface with each other but you can have two antispyware programs as they do no interface with each other. And if you get any sort of warning regarding that you your system is infected and you need a special antivirus then you must search for in on net about that program as those messages usually come from the fake antivirus program.

Well you must make a use of imaging software which will going to help you to restore your machine in less than an hour to a perfect state as long as you are having the Image done while it is getting restore. You can even make a use of Paragaon and Macrium both are free versions and it will be going to work well. Well I usually use Macrium and it really work well. Both will going to help you to burn a boot cd to boot from and restore from an image.