Thread: How to remove Searchqu Malware

How to remove Searchqu Malware

I have a bit problem with my web browser. I am using Firefox. I am not able to use the same due to Searchqu Malware. I was trying to add some nice themes and got this malware in the system. My home page is also changed. A number of time when I try to open any website Ia m redirected to Searchqu.com. Does re-installing the browser is enough to fix this problem. What should I do. I had tried using system restore but that is not working.

There one thing you can do. Just run firefox in safe mode. This will turn off all the addons and plugin. In that you an reset the settings. Change the home page and remove all unwanted add-ons from the same. Then try to start firefox in normal mode once again. See whether your changed settings are applied or not. If not then try to remove the antivirus and install it back again.

Before removing firefox there are few tools you can test. Like using a anti-malware tool. The best one among all is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Just download and install this tool in your system. It is a paid tool so you will get a limited trial edition. Run this and scan your pc through it. If you do that in safe mode then it will be more effective. If this does not work then you can go ahead removing the web browser. Do not save any personalization settings.