Thread: in. search-results as search engine instead of Google

in. search-results as search engine instead of Google

I have been having a unique problem here, I don‘t think many of you might even have heard of this problem before but, I just cannot do my work with the help of Google, I am using a Firefox 5 as my web browser and I am not been able to use the default Google search engine that was previously thereon my address bar, instead the search engine has changed to searchqu.com or sometimes it even changes to the int.search-results.com ,please help as without that I can just helpless.

Re: in. search-results as search engine instead of Google

I think is would be more done by an adware or an spyware that might be accidently installed on your system while you are surfing internet or browning through file , I hope that this does not causes you any further problem there are many things that work up here , try entering the dropdown menu list that is there on the Firefox address bar that is there and then see if the you can find Google there if yes , the good , if not then cry .

That was very absurd answer that was given by use these are the various tactics that are tried by the various technical system and search engine that are present there I would like to suggest you to that to them as that might help you to get your problem solved , just check inside the filter box of your yahoo messenger and then use type in the about: congig bar as with the serach engine name that you want to use , it should be in the specified format , browser .serach.google and that ‘s it your problem is solved this should then show the Google search engine when you next restart your browser .

I just don‘t understand the need to use a default search engine when you cannot use that when you already have a Google search engine opened whenever you open a new tab , I think that this should not annoy you a bit , just try for some tips and see if that works for you and once they get working for you , well and good , if and they don’ t they just forget about that as you already have a Google search engine when you open a new tab , just a solution that works for you the other way round .

That’s pretty simple to do that you just need to open the about:config dialog box that is just present in the menu bar above , and then just sort out the the keyword, url form the filter box option that is present there double click on the entry and it will open a dialog box where you can enter the and save the url ( I mean the keyword.url of the same ) and then change this to whatever searchengine that you want this may be bing , yahoo , google or just anything add in to this and then click on ok and your setting would be saved . I bet that would surely help you out .

Hey that just worked for me , I tried the option that you stated above , I have used the about: config setting steps that the user stated above , and I was successfully be able to change the default search enginve back to google , kinda I am so happy know that my system is back , and now I can search for just anything on the internet with the help of google .i haven ‘t tried any other suggestion as I felt that this one would just work and that worked for me .