Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-07-2011

Windows update failed after malware removal

Yesterday, I scanned my computer with Avast antivirus and that founds many of the viruses in my computer and I cleaned them all. But today when I started my computer then it shows me the error message as of the Windows as "[Error number: 0x800A0046]? and after that I was not able to update Windows. After some time I found that it was missing the google toolbar and also I lost all my bookmarks. This is very disappointing to me. Can you tell me that what can be the reason for this and the way to solve this?
Old 13-07-2011

Re: Windows update failed after malware removal

You can try with the ATF Cleaner to the desktop. So search and download that in your computer and then double click on the ATF-Cleaner.exe and that will run this program. From the main you will have to choose Select All and then click on the Empty Selected button. You might find that the system is slow once you run the ATF Cleaner but that will be ok after one or two bootup. I used the same when I was getting somewhat similar issue and this helps me to cure the issue.
Old 13-07-2011

I think that making use of the Malware bytes will be better as compared to the ATF Cleaner. I can say this with confident because Malwarebytes products is having a demonstrated record for protecting computers through entirely taking out all kind of the malware that along with the viruses, Trojans, spyware, adware as well as rootkits. When the point if for the security of your computer then the Malwarebytes gives the eventual in protection as of the cutting edge technology.
Old 13-07-2011

It is possible that the Avast antivirus which you are having installed in your PC is restricting the updates to be installed in your computer may be because of some security reasons. So if you want to confirm that then immobilize the antivirus for some time and then try to do the update to see if that is able to resolve the problem. Many of the times some of the antivirus opposes the update to be installed and so it may be the same for you.
Old 13-07-2011

There might be some problem with the internet connection and so it is not able to download the update from the internet and hence cannot install that. So you should check for the internet connection properly. You can reset your router and also can contact to the internet provider. If the issue is with the connection then they will tell you the reason for bad connection. So first of all confirm for the proper internet connection.
Old 16-07-2011

Some third party product can likewise alter the Windows Update. In the event that you are running any third party software for example Spyblocker, Internet or net quickening agents (systems planned to help the speed of the Internet juncture), security or against-virus modifies (Norton, McAfee, and so on.), I suggest we for a time impair or close them down then afterward attempt gaining entrance to the Windows Update post later. If it?s not too much trouble make certain to prepare them again following finishing the redesign method.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,