Thread: Found malware infection in the system logs

Found malware infection in the system logs

I found a malware infection in my system file. I am having Windows XP running computer. The system is currently working pretty much OK without any much issue. But I fear that in coming future I might suffer from the same issue and make my system slower and slower by time. I want to make sure that my computer system is kept clean from any kind of malicious or virus attacks. So, I also wanted to know what are the source of these infectious files and by doing what possible things, can we control the situation.

Re: Found malware infection in the system logs

Booting from a Live-CD antivirus, antimalware to clean and disinfect the system. Remember that most malware cannot be deleted while running (i.e. while Windows is running) and it is best to start with a live-boot CD to find infections in a clean environment. This is the best way to fix the same. While the computer is booting up, some programs will load automatically. This happens because at various points in the system (startup folder, registry, etc.) them accordingly entries deposited to the programs. HijackThis is a tool that can remove you just read these entries and, if necessary. You can find suspicious file in this.

Long surfing the Internet ceased to be something quiet, today we must be careful with places that are visited, or otherwise you get an infection by viruses, worms, and malware that can cause endless problems in your computer. There are some tools that you can try. SpyBot Search & Destroy is one of them. It is an application that has been maintained through the years, and always with good results, since to date tools is one of the most popular anti-spyware and better grades. SSD not only remove spyware, but can do other tasks such as scanning against botnets

I am using SUPERAntiSpyware. This anti-spyware is available in two versions, one free only to scan on demand, and pay (USD $ 30) that has real-time scanning, protection of registration, a programming service and many other things. Perhaps most important of this application is to get along with other protection applications such as Avira, Kaspersky, Symantec and McAfee. If you need more protection, then i will recommend you to go for paid licensed version of Antivirus in your system

Care for only times that you can see on your computer including all hidden files. Change to the Folder Options in Explorer: Start > Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show the contents of system folders and select Show hidden files and folders and Hide protected operating system files turn off. For a successful cleanup, there is an urgent need to use different programs, mostly because a program cannot detect all malware variants alone. After having completed the cleanup of course you can if desired, some of these programs to uninstall again, to free up system resources.

Below are the few points which will ensure that you have kept your system protected from the any type of malware infections.
    • Make sure that you are constantly changing the password of your online accounts. It is actually a good habit to do so. This will make sure that your online account and data is kept protected from any kind of attacks.
    • You can use a password protector or a password keeper like third party software which can help you to save all your passwords safely, thus keeping it secure from outside attacks.
    • Make sure that you have kept your Windows updated
    • Also you should remember to keep all your applications,drivers and antivirus or any other security related software/application updated.

You cam make your Internet Explorer more secure by following few steps which are given below:
    1. Go to Start > Run
    2. Insert Inetcpl.cpl in the text field of Run and press the OK button.
    3. Go to Security tab and click on the Reset all zones to default level option.
    4. Search for the Internet Zone option and select it
    5. After making sure that you have selected Internet Zone. Click on Custom level
    6. Go to the ActiveX section. Here you have to make sure that you have selected the option for Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls to "Prompt", and also make sure that you have selected the option of “Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" to "Disable".
    7. Finally click on OK button, Apply the changes and click on OK to close the Internet Properties page.