Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011

Lost drive with Trojan Generic21.BPDJ

I am having the AVG installed in my computer and when I scan the system with that then it detected around 7 to 8 trojan and one of them is Trojan Generic21.BPDJ. I tried to remove the infection but that was only able to take out the initial instance of that. I can see the Trojan within the hidden folders. Other than this, I am not able to see the E drive. It is just disappeared from it. Please tell me that what I should do to solve this problem. Thank you!!!
Old 12-07-2011

re: Lost drive with Trojan Generic21.BPDJ

You can use the CCleaner to clean your computer. There are many cleaning tools available but this is the best that I find for this. It will help you to secure your privacy online and also raise the processing of your computer. It is very small file that can be downloaded quickly and having very simple user interface that is very user friendly. So you must try this once and I hope that it will cure your system soon.
Old 12-07-2011

What is the last date when you updated the AVG that you are using? I am asking this because there is possibility that that the antivirus which you are using is outdated and that is required to do the update. So simply right click on icon of AVG that is there in your system tray and you will get one of the options as update. Select that and it will update the AVG. But before doing that, you should make sure that you are having proper internet connection.
Old 12-07-2011

As you said that you have lost your E drive that was visible earlier so you can do the system restore in your computer. Just go the system utility and from there select the option for system res tore. Choose the date when your system was working without any problem and restore at that point. Once it start restoring then don?t do anything to that, just leave it and let it do its work. After completion of the restore, it will restart your computer and you will get your PC working again.
Old 12-07-2011

Do you have installed some software recently to your computer? If that is true then it is possible that because of this it started showing you such effects. What you can do is just uninstall that from your computer and after that reboot the system. If the problem was due to that installed software then this time it will be resolved and you will not get the issues like this. Reply back if this is not the case for you.
Old 13-07-2011

Re: Lost drive with Trojan Generic21.BPDJ

I make a point not to propose the schedule utilize of registry cleaners/optimizers as they are astoundingly influential requisitions that can harm the Windows registry by utilizing forceful cleaning schedules and create your PC to come to be unbootable. Utilizing registry cleaning instruments unnecessarily or mistakenly would be able to head to deplorable impacts on your working framework for example anticipating it from booting decently. For schedule utilize, the profits to your machine are unimportant while the potential perils are fantastic.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,