Thread: is hpqwmiex a helper for QLB

is hpqwmiex a helper for QLB

I have been using my Hp laptop since 3 months and I never got enough time to explorer the feature and the configuration that was stored in it because was busy with some research work that I handled , so while surfing on the task manager I found some weird hpqwmiex process that was running there and that was consuming huge amount of page memory and Ram memory does anyone what it is > is that a virus ?

Re: is hpqwmiex a helper for QLB

Hi was that process the you have discovered was from the services button that was there I would also like to know if that was the from the startup menu that was there, more over that are many virus program that run in our laptop using different names like the one you mention above so just find the location form where it was originated from and then try to pin –point on it and scan the same with an updated anti-virus program.

After reading the above query I searched high and low on the internet and found out variety of answer to this one ranging from hp drivers,to hp printer , to razer mousses and various camera images , this also included some virus named that I could not remember , but I think that you should not terminate the process as that may lead to a series of problem If that is not causing any problem in your laptop I would suggest you to keep the process going on .

I suggest you to please do not close this process as this process link all the keystrokes and the keyboard key to the system that you are using deleting this might result in disabling all or some of the keyboard button that are there, this process is not only limited to keyboard but all the printer s that are used in with system, it is a process that links the drivers of the printer to the system so that proves that it is important process, so please never think of removing or ending this processes .

hey , thanks for this ,that was really help full for me that was really helpful for me , it was really helpful as there was very less information available on the internet ,it was not been able to take upon this as there are many things that I need to look after once I find file with such names as there a great possibility that they are virus , well thanks for all the replies that you guys gave me ,as that has greatly helped me to solve me doubt.