Thread: How to share wireless connection over wired?

How to share wireless connection over wired?

I am having three nodes with one server. This server is assigning IP’s to the nodes. All the three machines are halving the wired connection and the satellite connection and that is extremely slow. Therefore I install the wireless adapter for one of the nodes that pulls a connection as of a linksys wrt54g that provides the cable internet connection. I setup node through the wireless to encompass the linksys assign an ip routinely and I have left each field blank intended for the static ip lying on wired connection, apart from the ip address and subnet mask. Now what I want is to share the wireless connection from 2nd node to the 1st node over wired gigabit Ethernet. Please help me to do that.

Re: How to share wireless connection over wired?

If you are using the satellite connection for the credit card applications then it is utilized for more than DNS and that is reason that the nodes plahy an important role in that and they will have to make use of the server for something outside of DHCP as well as DNS. The simplest method to deal with this is to neutralize DHCP otherwise bridging on server and detach it as of the switch and to setup node 2 toward bridge the wireless adapter in the direction of its network adapter within order to permit node 1 for connecting to wireless segment. The only drawback is if the nodes require access to server for something other than DHCP plus DNS.

If the server which you are having is making use of the windows server 2003 then it will not perform the credit card processing. They are just going to make use of the interface that is there on the server. Therefore if the server gets down then you will not able to access the internet as of the satellite otherwise something else. For this, it will have to depend on the local communication.

The key difficulty is adding two networks lying on to the similar network segment, like node 2 would require to be bridged within order to permit wired access to node1. The simplest route is to put in a wireless adapter to node1 which would get around the need for a bridge connection. Another option is to setup the server to run on the satellite connection alone and run a vpn server on it, while the nodes connect to the cable connection and run vpn clients. There are other options as well, just not simple or inexpensive.

For nodes to obtain credit cards to authorize the IP address and subnet mask should be set according to local internal communication with the server where the server ultimately uses the satellite-card authorization. So it is handled by the server. That's why statistically you can choose LAN and DNS server allows wireless access to dns. Is there a way to share the connection with the connection as it is now? No physical modifications to the hardware configuration as well as probably make a fresh connection within one of the nodes to converse through each other to split the wireless dsn. I can configure a VPN or a new connection in network connections to allow users to use the wireless network.