Thread: Setup Wireless Network with Main Wireless Connection via PC

Setup Wireless Network with Main Wireless Connection via PC

Currently my PC is receiving wifi as of the mail router but my house is very big and for that reason I am thinking to setup my own wireless network within my room. I am posting this over here so that someone of you can tell me some way by which I will be able to have the internet connection as off my computer and after that transmit it from the router. I searched for this on internet but failed to get the precise solution for this. So please help me to get it done. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Setup Wireless Network with Main Wireless Connection via PC

You should be equipped to link up a second WiFi router toward the wired port lying on the computer and after that use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to allocate the WiFi connection of the computer for the wired port of computer. You would plug the wired connection into the WAN port of second router and after that setup the second router intended for your WiFi network. The truth is that ICS can be a bit patterned, at least in my experience. Therefore, while in theory this would function, I am sure that this will help you.

If you require to broadcast an additional network then I am having two options for you. First one is that, you have to take the wireless extender/repeater them it will take the existing network otherwise the ethernet connection and then broadcasts it. Second option is that you can download the Connectify and after that connect the existing wifi network and this will broadcast one from your computer. This just have a range for 30 feet. That's well if one computer gets superior wifi reception as compare to another and you require connecting both.

I think that you should make use of the repeaters for these kind of work. That will be idle for you. Other than this, you can do ICS as well as a second router. I individually have not had sensation in creating the ICS work but I was capable to create a network bridge within Windows XP through 2 NICs and that functions pretty well in fact. If you are having the Mac then the Internet Sharing will be much easier for you.

If you are not very expert in that then my suggestion to you is not to try this on your own without having enough knowledge of this. What you can do is just call someone who is expert in the networking. He will do that for you. As he/she is professional in that, it will be done securely without any problem. This will be the best and the safest way to do that. They may charge something for this but will be done properly

If computer is in an surroundings where additional wireless networks are within range, Windows must show a list of accessible networks routinely. However, if no wireless networks are inside range then the wireless connection icon might display a red “X”. You can not automatically open a View Wireless Networks window. To open this window, click the icon for the wireless connection. Do not select an accessible network at this time whether to display the list of available networks. If your computer previously associated to a favored access point, take out all preferred access points. This will guarantee that a association is made only to ad hoc network which is attempting to set up.