Thread: Need to connect Dell Latitude E6510 Laptop with internet to access it

Need to connect Dell Latitude E6510 Laptop with internet to access it

I presently purchased a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop and currently I doubt how to have Internet access. I have a PC and I know that my link is good. I just try to attach via the RJ45 connector on the PC, thinking that is set once it detects a live connection, but no go. I cannot imagine being sold without the software necessary and difficulties, which is nothing more than a couple of years, but perhaps the building needs? The spec sheet says that under Connectivity: Ethernet 10/100/1000 Gigabit v924 Internal Modem 56 K's in my sense that the modem is not necessarily installed as a natural thing, but as I said earlier - buying a PC in, say, 2008 and no Internet connectivity in the deal?

Re: Need to connect Dell Latitude E6510 Laptop with internet to access it

Well, you can do things like uninstalling the drivers, but the adapter connected ST-Lab, to revisit the recently set up hardware, allow Windows stop working, double-click the device name and when asked, said Windows to folder that contains the 32-bit Vista driver after having previously received an assurance that "It is best to let Windows automatically install device drivers." Well, I hope some of these works for you, since I've never tried any of those things.

Gigabit Ethernet does not seem to be optional standard specification sheet. It is the 56k modem is optional. The two issues are two separate lines of the spec sheet, with the optional only on the second line that lists the 56k modem. Therefore, you ought to have an Ethernet port. What is your connection type? Cable Modem or rather else. You come straight from the modem to the computer? Or do you come from a router to the computer?
    All this could affect whether the connection works without any configuration or not. If it is a router, then it should work just by plugging in general. Having come straight away from a cable modem can run just plug in or you may need to "restart the cable modem to work. For a direct connection to DSL, DSL some systems require the creation of a PPPoE connection. I'm not confident about fiber optic connections, but I tend to be like cable modem connections.

Have you tried the Intel 825xx Gigabit driver coastie65 link? Note that it joined the 64-bit version of Windows 7. I do not remember if you mention the version of Windows you have. If it is more than 64-bit Win7, then you have to switch between versions of Windows from the dropdown menu at the top of the page. You said you just bought this laptop, have you tried calling Dell for support? Although I have to admit that their support can aspire and can be a real pain to deal with them, it is still worth a try.

As for the USB network adapter, you need a proper driver for it. Windows does not contain drivers for all the things. Have many stuffs but not the whole thing. Do you obtain the discs install again/recovery from the team? You can have a recovery partition on it. If nothing works, then you might try reinstalling Windows from the recovery discs or partition. IF the built-in Ethernet port is functional, then a Windows reinstall fresh from the recovery disks provided by Dell or partition should have all the units required for that team.

Hello. As you know, you do not need the drivers for the Ethernet card. You may be able to get from Dell and install them. Are you going to have hard wire connection or wireless? There is also the possibility of recovery partition still be there. Dell has done in the past their recovery partition hard to overwrite. If you are still there, then it would be worth a try. Please reply here if any of the earlier works. Thank you.