Thread: Need help to get wireless router

Need help to get wireless router

Hi, I have purchased a Linksys router and it was just randomly chosen by my brother, but I am curious to know about the other wireless models, and I am willing to have the new one if I get the difference in the speed and the performance as well. And I want replace my current one with the new one, so I would like if someone give me ideas about some of the wireless routers. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Need help to get wireless router

If you are looking to get the wireless router than you should get it from the netgear only, if you concern about the speed and the performance, that you’ll get in that only, and off course I am saying about the best one. The best part in the router is that you’ll not get any connection issue as you installed it once, and the new firmware for the router is been released for that so you can get that also for the router.

If you are planning to have a router especially for gaming, then as the above user mentioned you should get the hardware form the netgear only, because it has a High Performance and is the perfect for best downloads and high performance Internet gaming and bring improved wireless coverage. This routers are actually designed to work with home network. It is the only router that has a support for dual band.

I think the one that you have is enough, not bad I would say because I have dissimilar opinion as the above user, in the wireless router you’ll get some glitches with the frequencies, and as far as I know the wired router works better than the wireless, and you need to configure the settings in the model that you have, and it seems that you haven’t done that only, and thus you are not getting the proper speed that you are expecting.

You can have another option as to buy Belkin's Wireless Router, as it is niche improved Wireless Router, This Wireless Router has a perpendicular field that get up less desk space, giving you more space to work and improves aeration. linking the N150 Enhanced Wireless Router to your cable or ADSL modem lets you allocate your broadband Internet account with all your networked computers. But according to me you should stick with the one that you have already.

My recommendation is same as the above user, but still my recommendation is too have a router buying guide for your home network because if we just talk about one model or just two or three brands that would be not sufficient to choose from, so if you have a guide than that will enable you to have too many models, with their proper specifications, so you’ll get better idea to choose from. If you search the same model on the internet you can compare it with the other model.