Thread: ADFS server error : The requested resource requires user authentication

ADFS server error : The requested resource requires user authentication

Hi, while I was trying to connecting locally to my ADFS server, I was getting the HTTP error 401, and the message saying The requested resource requires user authentication. What would be the problem, I have entered all the details perfectly in the required page, I have checked all the names of the internal domain name and the external as well, and they were also perfect. I think this is the problem regarding the IIS isn’t it? Please help me with this.

Re: ADFS server error : The requested resource requires user authentication

I was also having the similar problem once, and was not able to connect to the ADFS server, I would like to say that this is not a IIS problem rather you should check AD FS Management, there might be some problem, because this is the only essential thing that is being considered while connecting to the server, in this they stores and manages all the information about our account. so according to me you need to check that first.

See while using such a software we first need to verify whether the software is compatible with the operating system that we have other this may leads to such a authentication problem, and I am sure you are having this problem because of that only, have you tried another software version with your windows if you have any server versions operating system you need to install the ADFS 2.0 in your machine to work with it more effectively. And make sure that you have added the URL of the AD FS occurrence to the Local Intranet zone of your browser.

I would like to say that please confirm that you are having the users go into the credential properly in the form of domain. And this happens while we accessed over Internet only not locally actually, as the user do it they will incessantly gets the windows verification punctual though entering the right IDs, have you tried the same using another browser, because let me tell you that the ADFS is too conscious about its requirements and the specifications.

You can check the Active Directory synchronization also, I mean to say you must have to check whether the user is synchronized or not with the server and you must have to have updated MS Online Services Module which is required for Windows PowerShell. You can make use of the software’s that is part of the IIS Diagnostics Toolkit, and the name of that software is Authentication and Access Control Diagnostics, or AuthDiag, you should use this, and make sure about the small things that can cause such a errors such as while entering the credentials ensure that they are perfectly entered. Or this might be because No confirmation protocol is chosen in IIS, if not then you should select that for sure.

You can refer to the Microsoft’s official website for these, because from there you’ll get the solution for sure, because the error number that you have mentioned has so many reasons associated with it, so it is little bit difficult to figure out the problem and its solution. There might me some problem in the authentication protocol in the IIS or might be some filtering problem and so many, so better option would be to visit the Microsoft’s website.