Thread: Unable to connect new Motorola router at first time

Unable to connect new Motorola router at first time

I am having the computer desktop and then I have purchased the Motorola router that means I am having the cable modem box and the Comcast cable internet. And when I connect the router to the computer desktop then it is getting connected but when I am trying to connect it to the laptop then a DNS error message occurs. I am using the Google DNS for the desktop computer but when I am trying to use the Google DNS for the laptop there is no change happening in the laptop. But now it is not getting in the computer desktop and it is also not getting in the laptop. It is now giving the issue in the public Wi-Fi network.

Re: Unable to connect new Motorola router at first time

I got the solution and the solution is you have to just remove the Motorola WLAN management by removing this software will remove all the devices. Then you have to just reinstall the wireless cards and you have to remove it from the drivers only and then you have to just download the driver and in this case the driver will unzip it automatically and after that you have to just install this will install automatically. But in this case this will reinstall the software. So you have to just cancel the application when you have completed unzip of the file. And after that you have to find the device but you will be not be able to install the drivers and after that you have to click on the update the drivers point and then unzip it to the location of the file. After that the wireless card will install automatically and this will help you to find the network which is available. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

I think that the problem is because of the virus or the Spywares I can solve this problem you have to just follow steps:
    • At the first time you have to download the application of the Winsock Fix Utility this utility will help you delete or to repair the TCP repair utility. The Winsock Fix Utility will detect the operating system and this will backup the current host file. And it can reboot the laptop.
    • And after that you have to click on the run and then click on the fix option after that you have to simply restart the computer
    • And then go in the control panel and then click on the network connection and then simply right click on the network connection and after that you have to click on the properties.
    • And after that a general tab will open you have3 to just double click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list of the general tab.
    • And after that you have to enter the details again as it is a necessary.

I think that you have to just shut down all the devices and after that you have to just plug the cables to the router by just unplugging it from the computer or the laptop. And after that you have to plug the cable into the computer and the router. This will enable the connection from the modem to the router and then router to the modem. And after that you have to start the modem and the wait fro a second till the light is not staying lit. Then if the light is lit then the power is on and after that you have to wait for a minute and the start the computer. And now I think that you will get the connections on all the devices.

I would like to recommend you that you have to just connect the line which is in the phone jack into the modem and after that connect the line to the Linksys Ethernet port from the modem. The Linksys is having the 5 ports and 4 ports are beside each other then you will see an internal line of the router you have to just turn it on. Then if you are having the desktop then I thin that you have to connect the blue Ethernet wire to the computer desktop. And after that if you try to set up the wireless fro the laptop and after that you will require an adapter for the laptop and then you will require installing it and you will be able to connect to the wireless network.

You have to just follow the instructions that is you have to open the internet browser and after that you have to type the IP address in the block of the IP address of the modem and I think that the IP address is 192.168.1.245 and after that you have to go in the advanced tab which is located at the left side of the page at the lower end. The just click on the PPP location which is under the advanced tab and after that select the bridge mode which is under the PPP location and you should try to connect to the router. I hope that this will be fine.

From the discussion going on I think that you have to just download the Winsock Fix Utility this utility will help you to detect the operating system and is there any problem or any virus or spyware problem. And after that you have to just click on the fix option in the Winsock Fix Utility and after that restart the computer. After that general tab and double click on the option of internet protocol and then you have to fill the details which are provided and it is necessary.