Thread: After heavy download, ASUS RT-N16 via Web interface is not accessible

After heavy download, ASUS RT-N16 via Web interface is not accessible

I like to report a bug in the RT-N16 Wireless Router. Once you download heavily with news servers or P2P MBsec a router cannot be accessed through 192.168.1.1, but you can still ping to it. The router is functioning normally and the wireless access is also no problem to not realize until you would like to log into the router to 192.168.1.1. So is anyone suffering the same problem? Is there any solution for this?

Re: After heavy download, ASUS RT-N16 via Web interface is not accessible

It is a common problem, but in my case happens to much higher transfer rates (up to 7.8 MB / s) in the gigabit connection. It would be nice if someone actually reads this from Asus, but I fear no Support Asus says anything in this part of the forum, since there is no feedback from them, and almost four months since they released a beta firmware. Firmware is still awaiting final = ETA forever?

I just bought the RT-N16 and have the same problem with the GUI no longer be accessible until you reset the router. A little less silly ASUS not respond in some way, 'We have sent this information to the firmware development team for evaluation' or maybe 'Well, I bought it, so now you are stuck with too bad. "Something less. Let’s wait for the reply from Asus and I hope Asus have some good solution.

I just received last night RT-N16 router and I realized I cannot even access the web interface after 20 seconds into the router up. I logged in, check the settings and the next thing I knew I could not access the router. Almost to zero the bandwidth is useless. This should last 4 or 5 times playing with the settings. I did not want to put the DD-WRT firmware on it but until I know there is no problem with the hardware. Any suggestion on how stress tests for the problems with this hardware?
    This router also froze on when I was hearing to mp3. I could ping my NAS, but could not access the drive in the center of the song. Too awful firmware if not a hardware trouble.

Do you report this to Asus support? So you can try to use bandwidth management EZQoS. You can also use DD-WRT firmware tomato or perhaps from the two is quite good and quite effective. You know I had the same problem and the problem was resolved immediately after using the tomato firmware. Not sure about others, but you can still try any of them. Hope this helps solve your problem. All the best!

As per my knowledge there is a firmware that is very effective. It is called as Oleg's firmware. But this requires a PC with Linux or Windows with a Web browser, allow about an hour for the first update, 30 minutes later for updates, a copy of Oleg's firmware, a copy of the Manual ASUS RT- User N16 E4484and a known good copy of the original or updated ASUS RT-N16 firmware support. Oleg Firmware is still under development for the RT-N16, but is steadier than ASUS firmware is updated frequently.