Thread: Configuring RRAS Server

Configuring RRAS Server

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem in configuring my RRAS Server. The scenerio of my Network is, I have got one Domain Server with Windows 2008 Server Installed. My domain server has got Merk Mail Configured for users. I have also got another server with Windows 2003 Server which i have configured as RRAS Server because this server has got a modem connected. I would be configured RRAS server in Domain server but the problem is that there is no port where i can connect the modem for dialup, thats why i have configured RRAS server in different server.

Now I want to connect to RRAS Server via dialup connection and check mail from outside. When i dial the connection its successfull and moreover i can get ping reply from my domain server but i cant check the mail. I cant send mail nor receive mail. Please help out....

Can anyone tell me why i cant check my mail.

Thanks,

TashiDuks

Re: Configuring RRAS Server

I think that you havent enabled the service in order to configure and use RRAS although it is installed by default when you install Windows Server 2008. To do so, click Start button from the Taskbar and then Control Panel and then Administrative Tools and then click on Routing and Remote Access to open the RRAS console. After that just right-click the server in the left pane and choose Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access to start the RRAS Setup Wizard. Note that if the Windows Firewall service is running, you cannot enable and configure RRAS.

Re: Configuring RRAS Server

Sorry for not mentioning that, but yes, The configuration is already completed, and i have configured RRAS in the server which is installed with windows 2003 server r2 which is in the separate server and the domain controller server and merak mail in other server which is installed with windows 2008 server.

BEFORE WE USE TO HAVE RRAS, MAIL AND DOMAIN CONTROLLER CONFIGURED IN THE SAME SERVER, BUT NOW WE HAVE TWO DIFFERENT SERVER FOR RRAS AND DOMAIN CONTROLLER, BECAUSE THE SERVER WHICH I HAVE CONFIGURED AS A DOMAIN AND MAIL SERVER DOES NOT HAVE A PORT FOR CONNECTING THE MODEM, FOR THAT REASON I HAVE CONFIGURED RRAS IN DIFFERENT SERVER.

when i dial from my home i can get the connection but i cannot check any mails from my home.

I think there is some configuration needed to link between RRAS server and domain server.

Can you please look into my matter.

TashiDuks