Thread: Can not use canon lbp2900 printer with Asus WL-500W

Can not use canon lbp2900 printer with Asus WL-500W

Hello friends I have Hp pavilion laptop and I normally use my laptop to do my all office work. I have desktop computer at my home and I am using canon lbp2900 printer. I normally use my canon lbp2900 printer by connecting it with my Asus WL-500W router so I can Access my printer from HP laptop also without any wire connection. Now someday before I have upgraded my laptop operating system with windows 7 and after upgrading my OS whenever I try to print anything from my laptop at through my router at that time I am not able to print. Please tell me how to fix this.

Re: Can not use canon lbp2900 printer with Asus WL-500W

I think you are facing this problem because you have not have not installed Printer utility which comes with your Asus WL-500W. First install printer utility in your laptop and after that check whether your printer is enable or not. If printer is not enabled then first make it enable and after that check whether you are able to print or not. I think after enabling the printer you will be able to print.

I would like to tell you that first try print from your desktop if you are able to print from your desktop then I think there might be something wrong with your laptop setting or router setting and If you are not able to print from your desktop also then I think there might be something your canon lbp2900 printer. You can also try to fix this issue by disconnecting all the things from router and after connecting all things properly again.

In my laptop I was also having the same issue with my printer, I was also using my printer through warless router and after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling all the necessary drivers bit after doing that also I was facing the same issue with my printer and after that I have find that my router was causing the problem and after that I have reset my router and I have done all the necessary setting again. Now after trying this my problem gets solved.

If you want to reset your Asus WL-500W router then you can do easily. You will find the reset button or restore button at the backside of your router. You have to press that button around 10 second and it will restore all the default setting in your router and after that you have to reconfigure your router and then connect your printer and other devices with your router again. Now after doing that your problem will get solved easily.

Well after looking at all the above post I have tried to solve this issue by installing printer utility in my system but after doing that also I was facing the same issue. Now after that I have tried to use my printer from my desktop and at that time my printer worked properly. By resetting my Asus WL-500W router also I get the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to get rid of this problem.

It looks like your laptop wireless driver causing this issue and that is why I would like to suggest you that you have to uninstall wireless driver from your laptop and after that you have to delete all temporary files from your laptop and then you have to restart your laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to insert your driver Cd in your laptop and then you have to install wireless driver again, now after installing wireless driver you will be able to use your printer properly.