Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011

Macdefender malware is attacking Mac oc x system

I?m using a Mac operating system with Mac defender installed in it. Last night while surfing on net I got news where it says that the malware is now targeting the Mac osx systems. This is what the problem with the windows user from the long time that?s why I had selected the apple system. The attacker who uses to target the windows machine now targeting the Mac and the macdefender is a new kit which had being showed by the criminal. Can anyone suggest me is this news is right. And if so then how to protect the system from it and how to uninstall the Mac defender.
Old 06-07-2011

Re: Macdefender malware is attacking Mac oc x system

Apple had admitted this and I think so there operating system is vulnerable as compare to the windows and is planning to provide the fix for the malware and even the removal tools for it. Just for now to avoid the malware just open the safari window and in that you will see the general tab open that in that uncheck all the option which say open safe file after downloading it safe file will contain all the archives and whatever you download .
Old 06-07-2011

Well all the security experts are saying that scareware are usually bogus security software which says that computer is highly infected with the malware and viruses. After installing such software the Mac users will usually get a pop-up of fake alert until they buy those fake programs. Apple had said that they will be going to update the Mac osx with additional features which will be going to detect the Mac defender scareware.
Old 06-07-2011

Few weeks before Microsoft malware engineers had found 1 link which is between the Mac scam and it is fast growing which usually target the windows machine and I think they are the one who is responsible for this. Mac user who is running the safari they can stop the auto runner which automatically opening the installer screen and just uncheck the box for the open downloaded file which is under the browser preferences screen.
Old 06-07-2011

I think so latest update for it is available which will usually going to remove the variant of the macdefender and the macguard and the Mac user should update the files daily which will be going to cover all the upcoming thread in the future. Well malware update is only available for the Mac os x 10.6.7 and make sure you are downloading the proper update but there is no update available for the older Mac operating system.
Old 06-07-2011

Well I think the clamxav is good which is available for the apple but I had readed that the developers are still working on it signature update which gives a fatal error. Well there is a new avast beta for Mac but I think that is also having the big problem with it. Well I think there is now more hack kit available as same as Macdefender which usually allow the Trojan called black hole and it looks like a auto executable for that you don?t need to click on ok button so try to be safe from it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,