Thread: How to completely clean the system with XP Security 2012

How to completely clean the system with XP Security 2012

My attempts to install MalwareBytes and Spyware Doctor from a CD or a thumb drive were blocked (safe mode with the installer renamed as explorer.exe). I found instructions for manual removal and followed them and was then capable to install both MalwareBytes and Spyware Doctor and run them. Everything SEEMS to be resptred OK except I cannot run Windows Update. I can get to the site, but when I click the Custom button, I get
    "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view." with "Error number: 0x80070424".

Re: How to completely clean the system with XP Security 2012

Hello I try to find about your query on internet. But it’s not easy to find any solution to your query. But still then I try to found within this same forum site and I found this following thread. Just go through it. I am not sure if it will help you or not but still try it. I hope this will help you to solve your issue. As per my knowledge this kind of error occur because of some malware function so please scan your system with most up to date antivirus. Thank you.
    Error number: 0x80070424

Hello thank you for your huge effort to try to solve this issue. But the link which you provide its talks about first removing McAfee and Norton, neither of which has ever been installed on this computer, so before I jump into that recommended process, I thought I'd seek some more guidance. So please if you have any additional knowledge regarding it then please help me. I am sure that someone will guide in the appropriate way thank you.

There is a program called "Dial-a-fix" which I have used a lot of, many times to repair troubles through Windows Update. This program works simply through XP and should never be used on Vista or Windows 7. Happily, the system with the problem here is still running XP, so you can use Dial-a-fix. So please follow the link which I specified below. I am sure this will clear your doubt thank you.
    http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

It's an easy application to use. It just does the kind of things the KB articles on fixing Windows Update (and other) troubles would have you do (e.g. re-reg all the Windows Update related files). If you have Documents folders in your C:\ drive (as C:\Documents) this folder and whatever thing inside (for example C:\Documents\Reports) will be deleted because of a significant, unpatched virus. I hope this will help you thank you.

The installation of IE 7 origin browseui.dll and shdocvw.dll on the way to be unregisterable ("Unspecified error") - whether this is a virus or premeditated performance is unknown at this occasion (a support request will be filed through Microsoft soon on the topic of this concern). As of Dial-a-fix v0.60.0.23, these two files are unnoticed at what time Internet Explorer 7 is present (used for the time being). This is what I think that you have to perform. Thank you.

Internet Explorer 8 and on top of is not maintain through Dial-a-fix. If you comprise IE 8 installed and run Dial-a-fix, you possibly will receive a lot of "Error 127" messages for the reason that Internet Explorer 8 replaces various registerable apparatus through non-registerable ones. This is OK - basically ignore the entire of the errors. Dial-a-fix is still gifted to perform its thing on top of additional files, and the no smash up has been completed to your system throughout these error messages.