Thread: Is it possible to keep a copy of malwarebytes on a PC

Is it possible to keep a copy of malwarebytes on a PC

Is it advisable or possible to keep a copy of malwarebytes on a PC in case it is needed? And what about other packages for malware remedies (not protection, remedies)? I understand that with some malware e.g. antivirus2009 that it can be difficult to obtain copies of remedial software such as malwarebytes when the need arises. So, what is the recommended precautionary practice? What you guys think about it? I am waiting for your replies thank you.

Re: Is it possible to keep a copy of malwarebytes on a PC

Hello according to my knowledge, MalwareBytes is good at what it does so it would certainly not hurt to have it already installed and to update, then run it every couple of weeks or so just to remove any of the less serious types of Internet c-rapware that you might have acquired. This is what I think about it if you want to know more about it then go on Google and try to find about malware byte information. I am sure that information will clear with your doubt.

However, should you be unfortunate enough to acquire some serious c-rapware (e.g., the now-a-days it would be AntiVirus 2011 or any of a number of other completely fake anti-whatever programs), then you would like most likely find that your installed copy of MalwareBytes will not run or if it runs, then will not update. Likewise any antivirus product you have would either be outright disabled or seeming to work but not actually doing so.

If you are computer literate, then boot into Safe-Mode with Networking and start by checking Control Panel, Internet Options, the Connections tab, the LAN button? (Can’t remember exactly what it says on the second button on the Connections tab), and there remove any checkmarks you might find having to do with using a proxy server.
    1. tdsskiller -- download the zip file for it from the Kaspersky site, extract it and run TDSSKILLER
    2. rkill -- download the file from BleepingComputer.com, run it (be patient)
    3. MalwareBytes, download and install the file, then update and run it.
    If you have access to another computer, then Google: SuperAntiSpyware Portable, downloads the file to a USB stick, then run the program from the stick on the infected computer.

You might ask why not download and have the files already on a stick? Answer, with the (possible) exception of MalwareBytes the other three programs I mentioned would be out-of-date a day or so after download. To be honest most of the heavy-duty c-rapware will make it difficult, if not impossible, to do the above. Even a computer professional will struggle, and not always with success, to remove some of the more nasty stuff. It more often is easier to backup the user data and start the system over for Windows 7 (course you need to reinstall any applications).

For Vista getting the original back to SP2 and level and beyond and putting back the applications is a job that I don't even like to think about doing. XP is not as bad as you can usually jump right to SP3 and then the 100 or so post SP3 updates; alas, doesn't usually work with Vista's service packs. I also have spybot installed but do not run it resident or all the time. I only run it manually occasionally. I hope this will help you thank you.

Malware byte does not run resident. It is a manual scan and it will not affect or take up memory or CPU time unless you physically click on it. Installing it will not affect other anti-virus programs. Trend Micro and MacAfee have online scanners that you can go to and they will do a free scan but only when you visit their websites. They will download a few essential pieces of the program to your computer and you will have a choice of using java or just their programs parts.